New for this year, Toyota has included its Vehicle Stability Control and Traction Control technologies as standard equipment on all models. Toyota continues to support customers with mobility needs with the Sienna Rampvan and the Lift-Up™ Power Mobility Seat through Toyota's partnerships with Braun Mobility and Bruno Independent Living Aids respectively.
"At Toyota Canada, we're always looking for ways to make things better for our customers, and adding Vehicle Stability Control and Traction Control as standard features on all 2008 models makes the Sienna an even better choice for great family transportation," said Tony Wearing, Managing Director of Toyota Canada Inc. "We're also very pleased that we've been able to work with suppliers of mobility equipment to help those Canadians with specific needs to customize their Sienna quickly and cost-effectively."
For 2008, the Toyota Sienna is available in three trim levels to suit every taste and budget.
The Sienna CE is available as a seven-passenger, front- or all-wheel-drive vehicle, or as an eight-passenger front-wheel drive vehicle. Whatever the configuration, the Sienna CE includes as standard many convenience, comfort, luxury and safety features, such as:
- An AM/FM stereo/CD player with MP3/WMA capability, audio auxiliary input jack, auto sound levelizer technology, six speakers, and steering wheel-mounted audio controls;
- Dual-zone air conditioning with rear seat heater ducts;
- 2nd row removable captain's seats (7 passenger) or multi-functional bench seat (8 passenger);
- A 60/40 split folding/stow-away rear seat;
- Power windows and door locks with keyless entry and a power tailgate lock;
- Instrumentation including a tachometer and dual-trip odometer;
- A tire pressure warning system;
- Dual vanity mirrors and a "conversation mirror";
- Telescopic and tilting steering column;
- Cruise control;
- Accessory power outlets with retained accessory power;
- Dual, power remote, heated, and foldable exterior mirrors;
- Tinted, high solar energy-absorbing window glass;
- Roof rack;
- Front and rear splash guards;
- Variable intermittent wipers including rear-window wiper/washer;
- Reflector-style halogen headlamps.
Available options include a DVD System package, which adds a rear seat DVD entertainment system with audio and DVD remote control and two sets of wireless headphones, a 10.2" LCD rear monitor, an iPod connection, and Dolby Digital Sound and MP3 capabilities.
The Sienna LE is also available as a seven-passenger, front- or all-wheel-drive vehicle, or as an eight-passenger front-wheel drive vehicle, and adds a number of comfort and convenience features, including the following:
- Power adjustable driver's seat;
- Premium cloth seat surfaces;
- Upgraded instrument panel featuring Optitron electronic gauges, plus a digital compass, outside temperature gauge, metallic dash accents, and an integrated garage door opener;
- Driver's side window auto up/down function;
- Additional storage such as a front centre console box and overhead console box;
- Power dual sliding rear doors;
- 16" (front-wheel drive) or 17" (all-wheel drive) aluminium alloy wheels with wheel locks;
- Roof rails, rear bumper protector, and colour-matched exterior mirrors;
- Fog lamps.
Available options include the DVD System package, as well as an LE Value package (available on Front-wheel-drive seven passenger model), which adds a number of style and convenience features, such as:
- Four-way power adjustable front passenger's seat;
- Leather seat surfaces and heated front seats;
- Power back door with sunshade on rear door glass;
- Leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, and simulated leather door trim.
At the top trim level, the well-appointed Sienna XLE comes in an all-wheel drive, seven-passenger Limited model. It is equipped with a full suite of comfort, style and convenience features, such as:
- A premium JBL audio system, featuring AM/FM stereo/in-dash 6-disc CD changer with MP3 audio capability plus audio auxiliary input jack, auto sound levelizer technology, the Radio Data System, 10 speakers, and steering wheel-mounted audio controls;
- Dual zone air conditioning with front and rear auto climate control, auto air conditioning function with dual zone control, and rear seat heater ducts;
- Leather seat surfaces with heated front-row seats;
- Power driver and front passenger seats with driver's seat memory system;
- Electro chromatic rear view mirror;
- Wood and leather wrapped steering wheel and shifter knob, and simulated leather door trim;
- Laser-assisted cruise control;
- Power back door;
- Clearance and back-up sensor;
- 400 watt (115 volt) accessory power outlet;
- Rear window sunshade;
- Anti-theft system.
- Power remote heated and folding exterior mirrors linked to seat memory, with an electro chromatic driver's side mirror and integrated signal and puddle lamps;
- Power tilting/sliding moon roof with sunshade, chrome exterior trim, and rear spoiler with integrated LED stoplamp.
The Sienna XLE all-wheel drive seven-passenger minivan is also available with a DVD system package.
Toyota continues to offer two mobility options for the 2008 Sienna: the Lift-Up™ Power Mobility Seat and the Sienna Rampvan.
Through Toyota's partnership with Bruno Independent Living Aids, customers can retrofit their Sienna minivans with Bruno's Lift-Up™ Power Mobility Seat. This can be done via a Bruno dealer immediately after a customer takes delivery of a Sienna from his or her Toyota dealer. The Lift-Up™ Power Mobility Seat - exclusive to the Toyota Sienna minivan - is a fully-powered unit with hand-held remote control and can be installed in the mid-right passenger position. In operation, the seat turns to the right, slides out of the vehicle, and lowers to the user's desired level. The Lift-Up™ Power Mobility Seat utilizes a factory-installed Toyota seat, making it look and feel the same as the other seats in the Sienna. Customers who order a new Sienna and want this mobility option should contact a Bruno authorized dealer to arrange installation. A list of Canadian Bruno dealers is available online www.bruno.com.
Canadians can also order the Sienna Rampvan through their local Canadian authorized Braun dealers. The Sienna Rampvan features a lowered floor and removable front driver and passenger seats to enable those with special mobility needs to ride up front, or drive, the vehicle. It also features a power sliding door, a kneeling system to lower the rear of the vehicle, and a ramp that automatically extends and retracts. These features combine to make it easy for those in wheelchairs to enter or leave the vehicle. Customers can order the Sienna Rampvan through their local Canadian authorized Braun dealers; information can be found at www.braunmobility.com.
Both the Rampvan and the Lift-Up™ Power Mobility Seat qualify for the Toyota Canada Mobility Program, which provides a reimbursement of up to $1,000 of the cost to the vehicle owner for aftermarket adaptive equipment for drivers and/or passengers, when installed on any eligible Toyota vehicle.
The 2008 Toyota Sienna is on sale in Canada now. The Sienna CE carries a manufacturer's suggested retail price starting at $31,750, while the suggested price for the Sienna LE starts at $37,225. The seven-passenger Sienna XLE AWD Limited carries a suggested starting price of $51,620, while the eight-passenger Sienna XLE FWD Mobility model starts at a suggested $43,050.
2008 TOYOTA SIENNA - PRODUCT DETAIL
Ample power for driving confidence
All 2008 Toyota Sienna minivans feature the performance and driving confidence of six-cylinder power, thanks to Toyota's 3.5 Litre V6 featuring a lightweight aluminium alloy block, dual overhead cams, 24 valves, variable valve timing with intelligence and sequential multiport electronic fuel injection. This engine produces up to 266 HP @ 6,200 RPM and up to 245 lb-ft of torque @ 4,700 RPM, and is enhanced with a heavy duty battery, starter, alternator and heater, and a stainless steel exhaust system. All Sienna minivans qualify as emissions-friendly Tier 2, Bin 5 vehicles.
The Sienna it mated to Toyota's proven five-speed automatic electronically controlled transmission with overdrive cancel switch, lock up torque converter and transmission cooler. Front-wheel drive models achieve a fuel efficiency rating of 11.7L/100km city and 8.1L/100km highway, while all-wheel drive models are rated at 13.3L/100km city and 9.5L/100km highway.
New for 2008, all Sienna models are equipped with standard Vehicle Stability Control, which enhances cornering stability by using both throttle and brakes to correct oversteer and understeer. All Sienna minivans are also fitted with Traction Control as standard. Together, these active safety systems enhance the vehicle's performance for a confident driving feel.
Ride quality is smooth thanks to a front independent suspension featuring Macpherson gas struts and a stabilizer bar, working in conjunction with a torsion beam rear suspension featuring gas shocks.
All Sienna models have plenty of stopping power, delivered via power-assisted brakes. All models have ventilated disc brakes fitted on the front wheels, and feature Toyota's Antilock Braking System with Electronic Brake Force Distribution and Brake Assist technologies.
Most front-wheel drive Sienna minivans ride on sure-footed P215/65R16 all-season tires mounted on 16" wheels. The Sienna XLE FWD 8 Passenger Mobility minivan features P225/60R17 all season tires on 17" wheels, while all-wheel drive models come with 17" wheels fitted with P225/60R17 all season run flat tires.
Comfort and safety
Inside, the 2008 Sienna is the very definition of versatility, as seats can be configured in many different ways to accommodate a mix of passengers and/or cargo.
Seven-passenger Sienna models feature captain's chairs in the second row, which can be folded flat and tumbled separately. They can be positioned with an aisle in the middle, or as a partial bench on the left side, or removed all together. On models so equipped, the centre console box may be repositioned between either the front or second row seats as desired.
Eight-passenger Sienna models feature a highly flexible bench style seat in the second row. This can be moved closer to the front seats to keep a child within easy reach of the front seats, or may be folded flat and used as a tray table.
Both sections of the 60/40 split third row seat are easy to fold flat, and the rear seat can be stowed level with the cargo area floor to create a generous space for luggage or other items.
All Sienna models are designed with occupant safety in mind. Standard safety systems include dual stage driver and front passenger airbags, front seat mounted side airbags, and front and rear head/side curtain airbags. Three-point lap and shoulder seatbelts are fitted in all passenger positions, and include adjustable "B" pillar shoulder belt anchors and middle seat adjustable seat belt anchors, as well as pre-tensioners and force limiters for the front seating positions. Anchor points for child-restraint seats are present for securing younger occupants.
Customers may personalize their 2008 Sienna using the Vehicle Configurator on Toyota Canada's web site (www.toyota.ca) or in any Toyota Dealership across Canada.
Peace of mind
The 2008 Sienna is provided with Toyota's no deductible, no transfer fee, comprehensive warranty that covers the entire vehicle for three years/60,000 kilometres. Power train components are covered for five years/100,000 kilometres, major emission control components are covered for eight years/130,000 kilometres and corrosion perforation for five years with unlimited distance.
Toyota also provides 24-hour Roadside Assistance for all models. Help is just a phone call away at 1-888-TOYOTA-8. Roadside emergency services include battery boost, lockout service, fuel delivery, tire change, winching, and even towing. Optional Extra-Care Protection (ECP) is also available, which includes travel planning and trip interruption assistance, vehicle rental help, lubrication maintenance, and mechanical protection of 17 major mechanical component groups for up to six years/200,000 kilometres.