The Toyota Prius v confirms that the future is now, for everyone, with the expansion of the Prius family by building on the core values of Prius while appealing to more drivers. An all-new model for 2012, the Prius v offers high fuel efficiency, low emissions, environmental leadership and proven advanced technology. Meanwhile, its generous interior – with room for five adults or up to 971L of cargo space – gives Prius v the versatility desired by families and drivers with active lifestyles.
1.8L Atkinson cycle four-cylinder gas engine with Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i) electronic fuel injection and Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive technology.
- Delivers 134 net system horsepower
- Delivers remarkable combined fuel efficiency at just 4.6L/100km (4.3L/100km city, 4.8L/100km highway) – the best of any SUV, crossover, or wagon on the market.
- A 66 per cent reduction in smog-forming emissions when compared to the average new vehicle, qualifying for a Tier 2 Bin 3 emissions rating.
An increase in cargo capacity of more than 50 per cent compared to the Toyota Prius makes the 2012 Toyota Prius v even more versatile for Canadian families and taxi fleets.
- Drive Mode Select: The Prius v will be equipped with four drive-modes: Normal, ECO, Power and EV.
- Normal Mode: linear throttle response that gives naturally progressive power while the Power Control Unit (PCU) limits drive voltage to a maximum of 500 volts.
- EV Mode: allows travel on electric power alone for short distances under certain circumstances.
- ECO Mode: adjusts air conditioning settings and the throttle for the best possible fuel economy.
- Power Mode: for an enhanced fun-to-drive experience, Power Mode provides more direct Electric Power Steering (EPS) settings and throttle while the PCU boosts drive voltage to a maximum output of 650 volts.
- Responsive, efficient electric power steering;
- Front auto climate control system; Toyota Star Safety System; LED tail lamps; vehicle approach notice system; Clearance Lamp system; touch sensor door locks.
- Available features include: display audio system with navigation; synthetic leather seats; resin panoramic sunroof; LED headlamps; 7” AVN monitor with video graphics array; pre-collision system; dynamic radar cruise control; intelligent parking assist; voice-activated DVD navigation system.
Every Prius v includes:
- The Toyota Star Safety System, a suite of six standard active safety technologies.
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
- Traction Control (TRAC)
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist (BA)
- Smart Stop Technology (SST)
- Seven airbags (dual-stage driver and front passenger airbags; front seat mounted side airbags; driver knee airbag; front and rear/side curtain airbags)
- Active front headrests with whiplash protection.
- Anchor points for child seats and child protector rear door locks.
The Prius v includes:
- Smart Key system with push-button Start/Stop and key remind warning system;
- Six-speaker audio system with AM, FM, CD (mp3/WMA), steering wheel-mounted audio controls, USB audio input, Bluetooth cabability and 6.1” Display Audio;
- Front auto climate control system with cabin air filter, rear seat heater ducts, and steering wheel-mounted HVAC controls;
- 60/40 split fold/down rear seat with slide and recline adjustments;
- backup camera; dual trip odometer; multi-information display; eco drive monitor; outside temperature gauge;
- well-designed in-cabin storage including luggage box, centre console box with armrest, upper/lower glove boxes, front and rear door integrated bottle holders, luggage belt, cargo net, overhead sunglass storage, door map pockets, and more;
- Power windows with auto up/down on all windows;
- 12-volt accessory power outlet and retained accessory power;
- Cruise control;
- Vehicle Approach Notice system, Clearance Lamp system, and direct tire pressure monitoring system;
- 16-inch aluminum alloy wheels
- Power adjustable heated exterior mirrors
- Roof-mounted spoiler
- Variable intermittent wipers with intermittent rear wiper/washer;
- Projector style halogen headlamps with automatic headlamp system and LED tail lamps;
- Pitch and Bounce Control with Driving Force: the HV controller senses pitch and bounce of vehicle, and attempts to smooth the vehicle ride by subtly altering the motor torque
- Luxury Package includes:
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel; integrated XM Satellite Radio; Display Audio with Navigation; Synthetic leather seats; Integrated Garage Door Opener; Resin panoramic roof; Front and rear hatch handle touch sensor lock; driver and front passenger footwell lamps; electrochromatic rear view mirror.
- Touring Package includes: All items in Luxury Package plus;
- 17” Aluminum alloy wheels; front passenger door handle touch sensor lock; LED headlamps with auto-levelling headlamp system and headlamp washers; fog lamps;
- Touring + Technology Package includes: All items in the Touring Package plus;
- Premium JBL audio system with eight speakers; 7” AVN monitor with video graphics array; Pre-collision system; Dynamic radar cruise control; Intelligent parking assist; Voice-activated DVD-based navigation system.
BASE MANUFACTURER’S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICING
Touring + Technology Package
For more details – including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details – please visit na1.ipressroom.com