(TORONTO) – Its elegance and comfort is everything a flagship sedan should be to deliver driving enjoyment. Now, Toyota Canada makes things better for its top of the line passenger car with the 2010 Toyota Avalon XLS – with a long list of standard equipment that now includes a driver’s seat with memory and corresponding memory linked powered exterior rear view mirrors, plus an enhanced premium package that now includes Toyota’s DVD-based navigation system.
“Canadian drivers looking for the quality and dependability of a Toyota, enhanced with maximum comfort and style, know that the Toyota Avalon delivers,” said Warren Orton, Director at Toyota Canada Inc. “The 2010 Toyota Avalon XLS gives drivers more comfort and convenience than ever before, while providing the ultimate driving experience.”
New for 2010, all Avalon models now include an eight-way power adjustable driver’s seat with memory function, plus dual exterior heated power mirrors linked to the memory system. These join an already impressive list of standard features, including:
- A nine-speaker audio system featuring an AM/FM stereo with title display, a six-disc CD changer with MP3 capability and shock-proof CD memory function, an input jack for portable music players, and an XM Satellite Radio-ready antenna with prewire;
- Dual-zone automatic climate control with soft-touch heater controls and dust/pollen/odour filter and rear seat heater ducts;
- Leather seat surfaces with heated front seats;
- Eight-way power adjustable front passenger’s seat;
- High-visibility Optitron electronic gauges, including tachometer, multi-information display, dual trip odometer, outside temperature gauge and digital clock;
- An auto-dimming rear view mirror with integrated compass;
- Power door locks with keyless entry;
- Power windows with driver and front passenger auto up/down function and window jam protection;
- Door courtesy lamps and a premium illuminated entry system welcoming driver and passengers to a premium interior that features a wood and leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, woodgrain, chrome and simulated leather accents, map lamps and more;
The 2010 Toyota Avalon XLS may also be ordered with a Premium Package, which adds a DVD-based navigation system plus rain sensing wipers and a premium JBL audio system featuring the Radio Data System, a six-disc CD changer, Bluetooth capability, digital signal processor-equipped eight-channel amplifier and 12 speakers, plus a rear subwoofer.
All 2010 Toyota Avalon XLS drivers will enjoy the impressive performance of a 3.5-litre V6 that delivers up to 268 horsepower and up to 248 lb-ft of torque, coupled to a six-speed automatic super electronically controlled transmission with sequential multi-mode shifter and lock-up torque converter, for smooth and confident acceleration, a city/highway/combined fuel efficiency of 10.7L/7.0L/9.0L per 100 km, and a Tier 2 Bin 5 emissions rating.
A full suite of safety systems comes as standard, including Toyota’s Antilock Braking System, enhanced by Brake Assist and Electronic Brake Force Distribution technologies; Vehicle Stability Control and Traction Control; seven airbags; Toyota’s Active Front Headrests with Whiplash Protection; and more.
The 2010 Toyota Avalon XLS goes on sale at Toyota dealers across Canada today, with a Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price starting at $39,285.