Toyota owners can be assured that they will be taken care of in the event of a collision
(TORONTO) – No one likes to think about it, but accidents do happen, and Toyota is prepared to help you deal with an unfortunate situation. Here’s how Toyota helps:
- Every new Toyota sold comes with a pamphlet called “Accidents: know your rights” located in the glovebox. This pamphlet provides useful tips including accident reporting information;
- An emergency roadside assistance line 1-888-TOYOTA-8, which covers your towing from an accident (part of the Basic Warranty Coverage – valid for 3 years/60,000 km or part of Emergency Roadside Assistance package. Visit www.toyota.ca for more details); and,
- Toyota Certified Collision centres offer intricate knowledge of Toyota standards and construction techniques and with 739 knowledgeable technicians across Canada, you can be sure your vehicle will receive the best repair possible.
“Insurance agents provide a list of preferred or recommended repair shops. At the top of your list should be a Toyota Certified Collision Centre. This helps to ensure your Toyota is repaired using Genuine Toyota parts designed and tested for your vehicle and that the work is performed by trained experts,” said Tony Kelly, Managing Director at Toyota Canada Inc.
The Toyota Certified Collision Centre (TCCC) program in Canada, along with Dupont Canada has certified 64 Toyota dealer-owned collision centres across the country since the program first began in 2009. A first for the TCCC program in Canada is the recent certification of independent bodyshop, Concours Collision in Alberta. This designation is the first in Canada by Toyota to an independent collision repair facility. The process required Concours Collision to demonstrate the highest standard of excellence through a commitment to professionalism, quality repair, and customer satisfaction.
Toyota owners can help maintain the structural integrity, safety and value of their vehicle by requesting Genuine Toyota repair parts, which are manufactured for a precision fit and are rigorously tested to help ensure durability, fit, reliability, safety and appearance.
Technicians at Toyota Certified Collision Centres are fully trained and knowledgeable about Toyota products. They understand the high standard of customer service a Toyota owner expects. The rigorous standards they adhere to include:
- Close tolerance alignment and electronic measuring to restore a damaged Toyota’s body structure;
- Proper replacement of damaged sound and vibration dampening materials to ensure after-repair factory-level quietness;
- Expert reapplication of damaged anti-corrosion materials to restore quality rust protection; and,
- Paint matching to Toyota’s specific requirements, expertly applied coat by coat for a durable, high-quality Toyota paint finish.
A list of Toyota Certified Collision Centres can be found at www.toyota.ca
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks. Toyota is the first full-line manufacturer to make all of the elements of the Star Safety System standard on every 2011 vehicle. The Star Safety System includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST). TCI’s head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.