(TORONTO) – Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) sold 18,813 Toyota and Lexus cars, SUVs and trucks in October – up 18.7% from October 2008 to set a best ever October record.
- Toyota sales of 17,354 (up 19.4%) included 11,480 cars (up 15.1%) and 5,874 trucks (up 28.6%). All three figures establish new best ever October records
- Lexus sold 1,459 luxury vehicles (up 11.9%), including 885 luxury SUVs (up 40.5%). Both figures establish new best ever October records.
- TCI sold 886 Lexus and Toyota hybrid vehicles (up 5.9%) to set a new best ever October record.
Highlights for Toyota in October 2009 (versus October 2008):
- The all-new, third-generation 2010 Toyota Prius enjoyed a fourth-straight month of record sales, with a best ever October at 499 models sold (up 53.1%).
- One of Canada’s most popular cars, the built-in-Canada Toyota Corolla, set a new October record with 5,192 models sold (up 29.8%).
- Another made-in-Canada success, the Toyota Matrix, established a new October record with 2,584 models sold (up 28.2%).
- Fun, functional, and built in Canada, the Toyota RAV4 continues its record-breaking sales streak, with best ever October sales of 2,066 models (up 3.4%). The RAV4 has set new monthly records each month since January 2009.
- Sales of 1,445 Toyota Venza’s set a new, best-month-ever record for the unique and versatile vehicle. The new record is the third in the last three months, and means the Venza has broken the 1,000 monthly sales record four times since its introduction in January.
“Quality, fuel efficiency, and versatility are at the top of the list when Canadian drivers shop for a new vehicle – and they’re hallmarks of the Toyota brand,” said Warren Orton, Director at TCI. “Canadians are finding that Toyota has the perfect line up of vehicles to deliver our more power, less fuel promise, from the efficient Corolla, to the versatile Matrix, RAV4 or Venza, or the ‘future-now’ innovation of the Prius.”
Highlights for Lexus in October 2009 (versus October 2008):
- Following a best ever September, the Canadian-built Lexus RX 350 sold 771 models (up 76.0%) to set a new best-ever October record. The RX series has set new monthly records each month since February 2009.
- In its first month of sales, the all-new Lexus HS 250h enjoyed sales of 95 units, showing strong demand from Canadian drivers for the world's first entry luxury hybrid vehicle.
“Advanced performance, intuitive design and the attention to quality and detail that is synonymous with Lexus never go out of style with Canadian luxury drivers,” said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Lexus in Canada. “That’s why Canadians looking for a luxury vehicle continue to turn to Lexus for the world's only full line up of luxury hybrid vehicles, now including the all-new HS 250h, and for the only Lexus manufactured outside of Japan, the Canadian-built Lexus RX 350."