- Creator Brendan Henry’s #GreatCanadianJourney uses social media crowdsourcing to build the perfect road trip. Follow along at #GreatCanadianJourney
- The made in Canada 2014 Toyota RAV4 AWD Limited is loaded with the features, storage and technologies to do the journey right and have fun along the way
What’s the best way to drive across Canada in comfort and style? The Great Canadian Journey Team is about to find out, as they embark on a two-month journey across the country in a 2014 Toyota RAV4, the vehicle that delivers fun, comfort, style, versatility and performance.
“We’re excited to experience all that Canada has to offer, and to be doing it in style with the made in Canada Toyota RAV4,” says Brendan Henry, creator of the Great Canadian Journey project. “I’m excited to try out the RAV4. It’s got lots of space for our friends and gear along with great features.
Toyota Canada Inc. is providing the Great Canadian Journey with a 2014 Toyota RAV4, for a not-for-profit project dedicated to celebrating local destinations, artists, cuisine, and more. The adventure will begin on August 6th in St. John’s, Newfoundland and end in Tofino, British Columbia at the end of September. The Great Canadian Journey team will camp, and indulge in local treats and adventures across the country. Canadians are invited to follow the Great Canadian Journey and participate by offering suggestions on what to do and where to go via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram using the hashtag #GreatCanadianJourney.
better vehicle for a cross-country road trip than the RAV4,” says Larry Hutchinson, Vice President, Toyota Canada Inc. “The
RAV4 is designed for Canadians who work hard, but who also love to play and explore everything their country has to offer. We’re looking forward to seeing where it takes the Great Canadian Journey team.”
- Powerful yet efficient 176 HP 2.5L 4-cylinder engine, a 6-speed automatic transmission with sequential shift mode, and Sport, ECO and Normal drive modes
- Choice of front-wheel-drive or all-wheel-drive
- Available all-wheel-drive models are equipped with Active Torque Control, which enhances performance, fuel efficiency, and driver control
- With the rear seats folded down, it’s road-trip ready with an ample cargo capacity of 2080L
- Available height-adjustable power liftgate with memory function
- New audio system with available on-screen easy-to-use Display Audio and available navigation system
- Class-leading 8 airbags and all of the Toyota Star Safety System features
- Available technology includes: Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Lane Departure Alert, Blind Spot Monitor, Automatic High Beam System, and Back-up Camera
For more information about The Great Canadian Journey and to make your trip suggestions, visit http://www.greatcanadianjourney.ca/ or follow the crew on Twitter (@JourneyCanada), Instagram (@CanadianJourney) or Facebook. You can also follow their great RAV4 adventure on the Toyota Canada page at Facebook.com/ToyotaCanada.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Incorporated in 1964, Toyota has sold more than 4 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 285 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada which build popular Canadian vehicles Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Toyota Matrix, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid. Toyota Motor Manufacturing Cambridge (TMMC) also manufactures the Toyota RAV4 EV for the North American market. TMMC is the only Toyota manufacturer in North America to assemble both hybrid and electric vehicles.