- TCI’s electrified vehicle sales up 96.2% in December, up 42.7% for the quarter
TORONTO, ON – January 5, 2021 – Electrified vehicle sales represented a record 25.8% of Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) overall sales in December, up 96.2% for the month with 3,521 units sold.
TCI sold 11,531 electrified vehicles last quarter, up 42.7%, led by the RAV4 Hybrid (4,275 units sold, up 29.7%), the new Highlander Hybrid (1,481 units sold) and the Lexus UX (613 units sold, up 26.1%).
With the recent launches of the all-new Toyota RAV4 Prime plug-in hybrid, as well as the only-available-in-hybrid-electric Sienna and Venza, this electrified vehicle sales momentum is expected to continue.
TCI recorded overall sales of 13,664 units in December, up 2.9%. The Toyota Division sold 11,926 vehicles, up 3.7% while the Lexus Division sold 1,738 units, down 2.4%.
TCI recorded overall sales of 50,642 units in the quarter, down 4.7%. The Toyota division sold 44,935 vehicles, down 3.5% while the Lexus division sold 5,707 units, down 13.6%.
TCI recorded overall sales of 191,420 units in 2020, down 19.3%. The Toyota division sold 170,598 vehicles, down 19.4% while the Lexus division sold 20,822 units, down 18.5%.
Additional December Highlights:
- Toyota RAV4 sales of 4,036 units, up 6.4% (new monthly record)
- Toyota Highlander sales of 1,218 units, up 31.8%
Additional Quarterly Highlights:
- TCI truck sales of 38,586 units, up 6.4% (new Q4 record)
- Toyota Tacoma sales of 3,960 units, up 28.4% (new Q4 record)
- Toyota RAV4 sales of 16,362 units, up 3.7% (new Q4 record)
- Toyota Highlander sales of 4,172 units, up 15.7% (new Q4 record)
- Lexus UX sales of 615 units, up 22.3% (new Q4 record)
Additional 2020 Highlights:
- Toyota Highlander Hybrid sales of 3,901 units, up 210.8%
- Toyota Corolla Hybrid sales of 2,472 units, up 54.6%
- Lexus NX Hybrid sales of 1,084 units, up 174.4%
- Toyota Tacoma sales of 14,376 units, up 14.7% (best sales year ever)
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Toyota has sold over five million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 287 Toyota and Lexus dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability to the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax, and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than nine million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid. Recent investments at its facilities in Ontario will allow for increased production of the top-selling Toyota RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrid models.