(TORONTO) – It’s one of the country’s most popular vehicles – and it’s built right here in Canada. With nine models in a choice of drive trains, engine sizes and trim levels, plus value-laden options packages that make customizing a breeze, the 2011 Toyota RAV4 is rolling into Toyota Dealers coast to coast, giving Canadians the compact SUV that’s big on fun and flexibility to adapt to the demands of today’s drivers.
“The Toyota RAV4 is the icon – the vehicle that created the compact SUV segment when we launched it in the 1990s – and thousands of Canadian drivers have discovered that the current generation is better than ever,” said Warren Orton, Director at Toyota Canada Inc. “With more power, more space for friends, and family and more standard comfort and convenience features, the RAV4 integrates seamlessly into any lifestyle, adding fun, flexibility and freedom to whatever you do.”
Highlights for 2011
- Nine models: three RAV4 2WD; three RAV4 4WD; three RAV4 4WD V6
- All models available in value-minded Base, performance-oriented Sport, and premium-experience Limited trim levels
- Canadian-built at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada – internationally recognized for quality
- Seating for up to five adults or up to 73.2 cu-ft of cargo
- Models available with efficient four-cylinder or rugged V6 engines
- Models available with front or four-wheel-drive
- 1,500 lb towing rating
- New for 2011, available Touring Value Package adds moonroof, upgraded wheels and audio system, and more to RAV4 2WD Base and RAV4 4WD Base
Power and performance
Match the power to your needs, because the Toyota RAV4 is all about flexibility.
- All RAV4 models are available with a powerful yet efficient 2.5L four-cylinder engine that generates 179 peak horsepower and up to 172 lb-ft of torque. This is coupled to a four-speed Super ECT automatic transmission.
- For extra power, the RAV4 4WD is also available with a 3.5L V6 that delivers up to 269 horsepower and a peak torque of 246 lb-ft. This is paired with a five-speed Super ECT automatic transmission.
Both engines feature a lightweight aluminum alloy block, dual variable valve timing with intelligence, sequential multiport electronic fuel injection and an acoustic control induction system that help achieve a Tier 2 Bin 5 emissions rating – plus heavy duty battery, starter, alternator and heater for cold weather reliability.
Transmissions feature overdrive, gate-type shifter and transmission cooler, and contribute to RAV4’s impressive fuel efficiency: 8.3L/100KM combined city/highway for the RAV4 2WD; 8.6L/100KM combined for RAV4 4WD; and 9.6L/100KM combined for RAV4 4WD V6.
Performance and handling
All RAV4 models feature highly responsive electric power steering and a sophisticated suspension system that delivers sedan-like comfort with compact SUV capability. Front suspensions feature Macpherson gas struts, coil springs and a stabilizer bar. Rear suspensions are of a trailing arm double wishbone design with coil springs and stabilizer bar. Sport trim level models feature a stiffer, sport-tuned suspension for enhanced driver feedback.
Every RAV4 is fitted with a generous suite of active and passive safety systems designed to help prevent accidents, and to protect driver and passengers if an incident occurs:
- Standard handling features include vehicle stability control and traction control
- All four-wheel-drive models feature an active torque control system
- Models with the V6 engine feature hill-start assist control and downhill assist control
- Power assisted brakes feature ventilated discs up front and solid discs on the rear, enhanced with Toyota’s anti-lock braking system, brake assist and electronic brakeforce distribution technologies
- Six airbags (dual-stage driver and front passenger air bags, front seat mounted side airbags and roll-sensing front and rear head/side curtain airbags)
- Active front headrests with whiplash protection, all-position three point lap and shoulder belts, pretensioners, force limiters and anchor height adjusters for the front seatbelts
- Anchor points for child-restraint seats and child protector rear door locks
- Other safety systems: High-visibility halogen headlamps, variable-speed wipers, a rear window wiper/washer and wiper de-icers and fast-acting, high visibility, long-life LED brake lamps
All RAV4 models (RAV4 Base):
The 2011 Toyota RAV4 comes with a highly flexible interior design and plenty of standard features to suit any task – making it the stand-out in the compact SUV segment. These features include:
- Air conditioning with a dust/pollen/odour filter and rear seat heater ducts
- A 60/40 fold-down rear seat with fold-down centre armrest and remote release in the cargo area
- A fuel economy meter to help drivers take control of their fuel costs
- A full suite of instrumentation, including a tachometer, dual trip odometer and outside temperature gauge
- Tilting/telescoping steering column
- Cruise control
- A full-size spare tire
- Smart storage, including a larger capacity box under the rear deck, a front centre console box, upper and lower glove boxes, front seat back pockets, door map pockets, front and rear cup holders, overhead sunglass storage, coat hooks and more
- Premium finishing touches on all trim levels such as map lamps, illuminated ignition key, keyless entry, 12-volt accessory power outlet and more
- A stylish exterior featuring front and rear splash guards, power adjustable heated mirrors with integrated signal lamps, a rear spoiler and more.
Add a sport-tuned suspension and sporty style with the Sport trim level – available as a 2WD, 4WD or 4WD V6 model. Sport models feature many other upgrades too, including:
- Premium cloth seat surfaces
- Rear privacy glass
- 18” aluminum alloy wheels with wheel locks
- Sporty exterior styling including roof rails and crossbars, fender flares, power moon roof, sport badging, a unique rear spoiler, black headlamp surround, fog lamps and more
Premium levels of comfort and conveniences are front and centre at the Limited trim level – available as a 2WD, 4WD or 4WD V6 model. Limited features include:
- An upgraded audio system with six-disc CD changer, integrated XM Satellite Radio and steering wheel-mounted audio controls
- An upgraded air conditioning system featuring dual-zone automatic climate control
- An eight-way power adjustable driver’s seat
- Auto-dimming rear view mirror with integrated back-up camera and dual vanity mirrors
- An upgrade cabin featuring leather-wrapped steering wheel, leather wrapped shift knob, chrome trim and steering wheel audio controls
- The Toyota Smart Key system with Push Button Start
- A stylish exterior including unique front grille design, roof rails and crossbars, fender flares, power moon roof, limited badging, fog lamps and more
Flexibility in upgrade packages:
Toyota has developed a range of upgrade packages to let Canadians customize their 2011 Toyota RAV4:
- The RAV4 2WD Base and RAV4 4WD Base may be ordered with a Touring Package, which adds: An upgraded audio system with six-disc CD changer, integrated XM Satellite Radio and steering wheel-mounted audio controls, Premium cloth seats, Rear privacy glass, Power moon roof, Roof rack, Tonneau cover and more.
- The RAV4 4WD Sport, RAV4 4WD Limited, and RAV4 4WD V6 Sport models may be ordered with a Leather Package, which adds leather seat surfaces, heated front seats and simulated leather inner door trim. On the Sport models, this package also includes an eight-way power adjustable driver’s seat and a back-up camera.
- Those wanting even more flexibility can order the RAV4 4WD V6 Base model with the 7-Passenger Package. This features a 50/50 split and stow third row bench seat to accommodate two more people than standard RAV4 models. It also adds storage under the third-row seat floor and 17” aluminum alloy wheels with locks.
- Looking for a unique RAV4? The Sport Appearance Package, available exclusively for the RAV4 4WD V6 Sport model, trades the rear-door mounted spare tire for run-flat rubber with a tire pressure monitoring system. It then adds a, rear trunk chrome trim and special red badges. Inside, upgrades include an eight-way power adjustable driver’s seat, heated front seats, leather seat surfaces throughout and simulated leather inner door panels, plus a back-up camera and interior chrome trim, including chrome inner door handles.
- The RAV4 4WD V6 Limited may be ordered with a Leather & JBL Package. This adds leather seat surfaces, heated front seats and simulated leather inner door trim, plus a premium JBL audio system with nine speakers and Bluetooth capability.
Pricing and availability
The 2011 Toyota RAV4 is now on sale across Canada. The Canadian-built compact SUV carries manufacturer’s suggested retail prices as follows:
- RAV4 2WD: starting at $24,595 (Base); $28,345 (Sport); $30,185 (Limited);
- RAV4 4WD: starting at $27,230 (Base); $30,540 (Sport); $32,385 (Limited);
- RAV4 4WD V6: starting at $29,845 (Base); $32,295 (Sport); $34,640 (Limited).
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks, and Toyota Industrial Equipment. TCI’s head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.
For more details, including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details please visit na1.ipressroom.com.