- Limited production Apex Edition and Nightshade headline 15 models
- Canada’s popular compact sedan available in refined L-Line, sporty S-Line, and advanced Hybrid models
- All models receive updated safety for 2022
TORONTO, ONTARIO – July 22, 2021 – Dynamic and athletic, the 2022 Toyota Corolla is ready for Canadians looking for a sedan that’s fun to drive and easy to own. With several models to choose from featuring a choice of powertrains and features, there’s a Corolla for everyone, ready to help Canadians get where they’re going in life.
“The 2022 Toyota Corolla is fun, smart, and value-packed – three great reasons to get behind the wheel and get more out of life,” said Cyril Dimitris, Vice President, Toyota Canada Inc. “For 2022, we’ve expanded your choices with some exclusive editions, and enhanced the safety of all models for additional peace of mind.”
The 2022 Toyota Corolla is ready for action from every angle. Sleek J-shaped bi-beam LED headlamps add a sense of restrained aggression while the wheels are pushed to the corners to inspire driving confidence with a firm stance. Other exterior features of note include power adjustable and heated mirrors and LED daytime running lights. The Sseries adds a honeycomb grille, larger alloy wheels, dual tip exhaust and rear lip spoiler to amp up Corolla’s already sporty appearance. New body colours for 2022 include Ruby Flare Pearl and Wind Chill Pearl, available on selected models.
New for 2022, two Apex Edition models feature performance tuning and distinctive styling – including an exclusive body kit. 2022 also sees the return of the limited production Nightshade Edition, which sports unique detailing to make a bolder statement.
The elevated sense of style continues inside, with a cabin designed to be supportive and comfortable. The instrument panel is cleverly shaped to widen the driver’s field of view while all gauges and controls are thoughtfully arranged for the driver’s convenience. Soft-touch controls and attention to fit and finish add extra expressions of style. Other interior features of note include power windows with auto up/down feature for all windows, satin plated door handles and accents, piano black instrument panel accents, and the convenience of a front console box with lid.
The 2022 Toyota Corolla Sedan is offered with a choice of several powertrains:
- The refined L series models are built around a powerful yet efficient 1.8L four-cylinder engine that generates 139 peak horsepower and is paired with either a six-speed manual or a continuously variable transmission (CVT).
- The sportier S series models are fitted with a larger, 2.0L Dynamic Force four-cylinder engine that delivers 169 peak horsepower, paired with either a six-speed intelligent manual transmission with rev matching, or a direct shift CVT with steering wheel mounted paddle shifters.
- The advanced Corolla Hybrid features a Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive built around the 1.8L four-cylinder engine and an electronically controlled CVT. This combination delivers 121 net system horsepower and an impressive fuel efficiency of just 4.5L/100km city/highway combined – the best rating of any compact car in Canada.
Regardless of powertrain, all models enjoy a low centre of gravity, a highly rigid body structure and a finely tuned multi-link rear suspension that make the Corolla agile and responsive – in short, super fun to drive.
All Corolla models are well-equipped with in-vehicle connectivity and other technologies. Toyota Connected Services includes features such as Scout GPS Link and App Suite Connect, while the display audio system includes voice recognition, SIRI Eyes-Free, Bluetooth Connectivity, a USB Audio Input, steering wheel-mounted controls, and six speakers. All 2022 models support both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, making it even easier to integrate a smart phone with the in-vehicle multimedia system.
A long list of standard safety systems includes Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 – a bundle of active safety technologies that help extend the driver’s awareness and ability to avoid collisions, or mitigate their effect. TSS 2.0 includes Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist and Road Edge Detection, Automatic High Beams, Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian and Bicycle Detection, Lane Tracing Assist, and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control. Other standard safety features include the Toyota Star Safety System, a back-up camera and eight air bags.
New this year, all Corolla models are fitted with an added safety feature that ensures the rear lights are on when the vehicle is moving.
The Corolla L series is fitted with a 1.8L engine and is available in five models and trim levels, as follows:
The 2022 Toyota Corolla L (starting MSRP: $19,450 with six-speed manual; $21,250 with CVT) features a 7” touchscreen, 15” steel wheels, a 4.2” multi-information display, air conditioning, and keyless entry.
The 2022 Toyota Corolla LE (starting MSRP: $22,190 with CVT) adds an 8” touchscreen, 16” steel wheels, heated front seats, automatic climate control, an electronic parking brake, and the Toyota Blind Spot Monitor system with Rear Cross Traffic Alert.
The 2022 Toyota Corolla LE Upgrade (starting MSRP: $24,190 with CVT) builds on the LE model, adding 16” alloy wheels, a power moon roof, leather-wrapped heated steering wheel, the Toyota Smart Key System with Push Button Start, and a wireless charging system for compatible personal electronics.
The 2022 Toyota Corolla XLE (starting MSRP: $27,550 with CVT) addsa premium display audio system with embedded navigation, Destination Assist Connect, Service Connect, Safety Connect, and Remote Connect (key fob remote start). Other upgrades on this model include SofTex Leather seat cladding, an eight-way power adjustable driver’s seat, heated rear seats, a 7” digital speedometer, and ambient lighting.
The Corolla S series is fitted with a 2.0L Dynamic Force engine and is available in eight models and trim levels, as follows:
The 2022 Toyota Corolla SE (starting MSRP: $22,690 with six-speed iMT; $23,690 with Direct Shift CVT) features 16” alloy wheels, a 4.2” multi-information display, heated front seats, leather-wrapped steering wheel, automatic climate control, and the Toyota Blind Spot Monitor system with Rear Cross Traffic Alert.
- The limited production 2022 Toyota Corolla Apex Edition (starting MSRP: $27,000 with six-speed iMT; $28,000 with Direct Shift CVT) builds the SE models, adding a sport-tuned exhaust plus front and rear suspensions with performance tuned coil springs and stabilizer bars. These models then get a style boost to match, featuring 18” black flow-formed aluminum wheels, the Apex Edition body kit, a black rear spoiler and black badging. Additional upgrades include the Audio Plus display audio system with Service Connect, Safety Connect, and Remote Connect (key fob remote start), a wireless charging system for compatible personal electronics, and a power moon roof.
The 2022 Toyota Corolla SE Upgrade (starting MSRP: $25,670 with six-speed iMT; $26,670 with Direct Shift CVT) adds 18” alloy wheels, a power moon roof, a heated steering wheel, a wireless charging system for compatible personal electronics, and the Audio Plus display audio system with Service Connect, Safety Connect, and Remote Connect (key fob remote start).
- The limited production 2022 Toyota Corolla Nightshade (starting MSRP: $27,450) builds on the SE Upgrade with Direct Shift CVT, adding a series of unique, black-finished features – including 18” alloy wheels, mirror caps, exterior door handles, front and rear spoiler, side rocker, and select badging.
The 2022 Toyota Corolla XSE (starting MSRP: $29,050 with Direct Shift CVT) builds on the SE Upgrade model,adding SofTex Leather and sport fabric seat cladding, an eight-way power adjustable driver’s seat, heated rear seats, a 7” digital speedometer, and ambient lighting. This model also features a premium display audio system with embedded navigation, Destination Assist Connect, Service Connect, Safety Connect, and Remote Connect (key fob remote start).
The Corolla Hybrid is fitted with the Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive and is available in two models and trim levels, as follows:
The 2022 Toyota Corolla Hybrid (starting MSRP: $25,190) features an 8” touch screen display audio system, a 7” digital speedometer, automatic climate control, the Smart Key System with Push Button Start, heated front seats, an electronic parking brake, 15” alloy wheels, and the Toyota Blind Spot Monitor system with Rear Cross Traffic Alert.
The 2022 Toyota Corolla Hybrid Premium Package (starting MSRP: $27,260) adds a heated leather steering wheel, power adjustable driver’s seat, heated rear seats, Softex seat cladding, ambient lighting, and a wireless charging system for personal electronics.
The 2022 Toyota Corolla is now on sale at Toyota Dealers across Canada. For complete and up to date details and specifications, visit www.toyota.ca/corolla.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Toyota has sold over five million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 287 Toyota and Lexus dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability to the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax, and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than eight million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid. Recent investments at its facilities in Ontario will allow for increased production of the top-selling Toyota RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrid models.