Upgraded standard features and a new Value Package boost #1 mid-size sedan for 2013
(TORONTO, ON – December 18, 2012) The 2013 Toyota Camry proves great things can be made even greater. Thanks to a bold new design, improved handling and 30 years of history on the road, Canadians embraced the new 2012 Camry, making it the most popular model in the mid-size sedan segment. Now, for 2013, Toyota Canada enhances the Camry and Camry Hybrid with a standard back-up camera. Toyota Canada also introduces a new Value Package for the popular Camry LE now, offering the premium features most requested by drivers.
“We love that Canadians have embraced the new Camry, and for 2013 we’ve enhanced the standard equipment and available options packages to give drivers even more from Canada’s best-selling mid-size sedan,” said Tony Wearing, Senior Managing Director at Toyota Canada Inc. “These upgrades are added to Camry’s new bolder design, improved handling and class-leading quiet, making the Toyota Camry even more desirable to Canadians.”
The 2013 Camry offers the choice of three powertrains and seven models:
The Toyota Camry LE starts at just $23,700 MSRP – the same as on 2012 models, while adding, new for this year, a standard backup camera.
- 178 HP 2.5L 4-cylinder engine and six-speed automatic transmission with combined city/highway fuel efficiency of 7.0L/100KM.
- Choice of three upgrade packages, including new for this year, the Value Package which adds 17” aluminum alloy wheels with locks, 17” all-season tires, a power sliding moon roof, and an electro-chromic rear-view mirror.
- The Camry LE may also be ordered with the leather option, which adds leather seat surfaces and heated front seats.
The Toyota Camry SE –starting at $26,985 MSRP
- Builds on the LE’s powertrain and features sporty style, handling and steering
- 18” aluminum alloy wheels, a full skirt package, steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters, fog lamps, and more.
- It may be enhanced with an available Leather and Moonroof Package.
The Toyota Camry XLE – starting at $30,470 MSRP
- Built upon the same power train as the LE, the XLE features premium finishes, comfort and convenience, including leather seat surfaces and heated front seats, leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, rear seat reading lamps, the Smart Key System with Push-Button Start, and more.
- New this year, the Camry XLE includes a blind spot monitor and anti-theft system as standard equipment.
The Toyota Camry SE V6 – starting at $29,740 MSRP
- With many of the same sporty features of the 4-cylinder SE, it features a 268 HP V6 and a fuel efficiency rating of 8.2L/100KM city/highway combined.
- An available Premium Package adds an upgraded audio system, heated front seats, and more – including, new this year, blind spot monitor.
The Toyota Camry XLE V6 – starting at $34,275 MSRP
- Includes a 10-speaker JBL Audio system with integrated XM Satellite Radio, AVN premium navigation system, dual-zone automatic climate control, and more.
- New this year, includes a blind spot monitor and anti-theft system as standard equipment.
The Toyota Camry Hybrid LE – starting at $27,710 MSRP
- A net system power of 200 HP, minimal tailpipe emissions and fuel efficiency as impressive as 4.7L/100KM combined and regenerative braking.
- Dual zone auto climate control with humidity sensor, ECO drive indicator and fuel economy meter, front windshield acoustic glass, steering wheel-mounted audio controls, the Smart Key System with Push-Button Start, unique hybrid blue badging, and more.
- New this year, the Camry Hybrid LE features display audio as standard equipment.
The Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE – starting at $29,235 MSRP
- Builds on the LE and adds power adjustable driver’s seat, leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, fog lamps, anti-theft system, and more.
- New this year, the Camry Hybrid XLE includes a blind spot monitor and anti-theft system as standard equipment.
- Two available options packages – the Moon Roof Package, which also includes integrated XM Satellite Radio, navigation, and more; or the Leather and Premium Audio Package, which builds on this with a 10-speaker JBL audio system, leather-trimmed ultrasuede seat surfaces, heated front seats, and more.
Standard on all models (see full specification sheet for full list of standard features)
- Toyota Star Safety System, with six active safety technologies in the (Smart Stop Technology, Vehicle Stability Control, Antilock Braking System; Traction Control; Electronic Brakeforce Distribution; and Brake Assist)
- Class-leading 10 airbags (dual stage driver / front passenger; front seat mounted side; driver and front passenger knee; front and rear side curtain; rear seat side)
- Audio systems with USB inputs and Bluetooth connectivity; air conditioning; adjustable driver’s seats and tilting/telescoping steering columns; 60/40 split fold-down rear seats, cruise control; 12-volt accessory power outlets; and more
The 2013 Toyota Camry and Toyota Camry Hybrid are now on sale at Toyota Dealers across Canada. For more information on features and specifications, visit www.toyota.ca/camry.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks. Toyota is the first full-line manufacturer to make all of the elements of the Star Safety System standard on every vehicle starting in 2011. The Star Safety System includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST). TCI’s head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.