- Record August sales for Canadian-made RAV4 and best month ever for RAV4 Hybrid sales
- Overall TCI August sales up 7.5%, surpassing 20,000 units sold
(TORONTO, ON – September 5, 2017) – August was a month of sales records for Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI), with total sales of 20,036 units for the month, up 7.5% compared to 2016.
The Toyota division (including Scion) posted sales of 17,950 vehicles, up 7.7% over 2016. The Lexus division boasted its 14th consecutive monthly record, with 2,086 luxury vehicles sold, up 5.8% compared to last year.
Toyota’s RAV4 powers records for truck and hybrid sales
The RAV4, with its spirited performance and impressive versatility, has been Canada’s choice for summer fun. Its August record of 4,782 sold, up 6.7% over last year, helped TCI set an August truck sales record of 11,987 units sold, up 7.2% over 2016.
In addition, the RAV4 Hybrid – the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada’s 2017 Canadian Green Utility Vehicle of the Year – had a best-ever sales month with 668 units, up 30.2% over last year. That led TCI to an August hybrid vehicle sales record of 1,975 units sold, up 17.2% compared to 2016.
Additional August Sales Highlights
- TCI car sales of 8,049 units, up 8%
- Toyota Corolla sales of 4,650 units, up 23.3%
- Toyota Highlander sales of 1,269 units, up 10.4% (new August record)
- Toyota Tacoma sales of 1,011 units, up 12.3%
- Toyota Yaris sales of 744 units, up 17.4%
- Lexus NX sales of 711 units, up 29.7% (new August record)
- Toyota 4Runner sales of 705 units, up 11.6%
Please click here for full TCI August sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Toyota has sold over 5 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 287 Toyota and Lexus dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than six million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid.