TORONTO, ON – June 02, 2020 – Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) was honoured today with eleven 2020 Vincentric Best Value in Canada Awards™, more than any other auto manufacturer for the eighth year.
Vehicles recognized with Vincentric Best Value in Canada Awards™ are compared against competitors in the same segments and are awarded for having lower than expected ownership costs.
Lexus was honoured with the Best Value in Canada - Luxury Car Brand award, as well as five model level awards in the Luxury Coupe, Mid-Size Sedan, Hybrid, Compact SUV/Crossover and Hybrid SUV/Crossover categories.
Toyota also received five model level awards in the Large Sedan, Hybrid, Hybrid SUV & Crossover, Minivan and Small/Mid-Size Pickup categories.
“We are thrilled to see Lexus and Toyota receive the most Vincentric Best Value in Canada Awards™ for the eighth year,” said Robert Tsang, Director, Lexus Division, Toyota Canada Inc. “These awards affirm our commitment to deliver vehicles with excellent value to our guests and customers year after year.”
This year’s winners included:
- 2020 Best Value in Canada - Luxury Car Brand: Lexus (2nd time)
- 2020 Lexus RC-Series – Best Value in Canada: Luxury Coupe
- 2020 Lexus ES 350 – Best Value in Canada: Luxury Mid-Size Sedan (4th time, 3rd consecutive)
- 2020 Lexus ES 300h – Best Value in Canada: Luxury Hybrid (8th time)
- 2020 Lexus UX 200 – Best Value in Canada: Luxury Compact SUV/Crossover (2nd consecutive)
- 2020 Lexus NX 300h – Best Value in Canada: Luxury Hybrid SUV/Crossover (3rd time)
- 2020 Toyota Avalon – Best Value in Canada: Large Sedan (6th time, 2nd consecutive)
- 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid – Best Value in Canada: Hybrid
- 2020 Toyota Highlander Hybrid – Best Value in Canada: Hybrid SUV/Crossover (7th time)
- 2020 Toyota Sienna – Best Value in Canada: Minivan (3rd time, 2nd consecutive)
- 2020 Toyota Tacoma – Best Value in Canada: Small/Mid-Size Pickup (9th consecutive)
Using a statistical model addressing different scenarios, Vincentric identified the winners by measuring which vehicles had lower than expected costs given their market segment and price. Each vehicle was evaluated in all 10 provinces plus the Northwest Territories using a range of annual kilometre intervals and insurance profiles.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Toyota has sold over five million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 287 Toyota and Lexus dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability to the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax, and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than five million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid. Recent investments at its facilities in Ontario will allow for increased production of the top-selling Toyota RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrid models.