- Ninth consecutive monthly sales record for Lexus
- Overall March sales for Toyota Canada Inc. up 1.6%
TORONTO, ONTARIO, April 3, 2017 – Two Toyota vehicles and one Lexus SUV – all proudly made in Canada – had particularly strong March sales for Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI).
Overall, TCI is reporting an increase in March sales with 19,406 Toyota (including Scion) and Lexus vehicles sold, up 1.6% compared to last year. The Lexus division experienced a 15.8% increase and ninth consecutive monthly record, with 2,124 units sold, while the Toyota division (including Scion) recorded sales of 17,282 vehicles, up 0.1% compared to 2016.
Built True North Strong!
Toyota’s made-in-Canada RAV4 and Corolla continue to grow in popularity. With comfort, versatility and the Toyota Safety Sense (TSS) standard on both vehicles, the RAV4 set a March record of 4,272 units sold, up 7.6% compared to 2016, while Corolla sales comprised of 4,778 units, up 31.5% compared to last year.
Lexus’ Canadian-made SUV, the Lexus RX, also experienced a 12.7% increase in sales with 746 units sold.
March reflected TCI’s commitment to meeting Canadian demands by building its most popular vehicles locally, and continuously bringing advanced technologies to Canada’s award-winning plants in Cambridge and Woodstock, ON.
March sales highlights for specific vehicles:
- TCI truck sales of 11,476 units, up 5.9% (new March record)
- Toyota truck sales of 9,933 units, up 3.8% (new March record)
- Lexus truck sales of 1,543 sold, up 21.1%. (new March record)
- Toyota Corolla sales of 4,778 units, up 31.5%
- Toyota RAV4 sales of 4,272 units, up 7.6% (new March record)
- Toyota Sienna sales of 1,345 units, up 17.9%
- Toyota Highlander sales of 1,319 units, up 9% (new March record)
- Lexus RX sales of 746 units, up 12.7%
- Toyota 4Runner sales of 696 units, up 16% (new March record)
- Lexus NX sales of 611 units, up 17.5% (new March record)
Please click here for full TCI March sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Toyota has sold over 5 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 287 Toyota and Lexus dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than six million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid.