- Sales of the Toyota Corolla up 36.4% from 2016
- Overall February sales for Toyota Canada Inc. down 6.2%
TORONTO, ONTARIO, March 1, 2017 – After several months of soaring Toyota truck and SUV sales commanding the lion’s share of the attention, Toyota’s made-in-Canada Corolla is back in the spotlight and delivering exceptional value to an increasing number of Canadians.
While total Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) February sales of 13,405 vehicles decreased by 6.2% compared to last year, it was a record month for sales of Toyota’s best-selling car of all-time, the Corolla, which is celebrating its fiftieth anniversary. With its exciting design, technology and advanced safety features, February sales of the Corolla reached 3,469 units, up 36.4% compared to 2016.
Canadian Lexus sales continue to set records
Lexus sales also set a new February record – an eighth straight monthly record – with sales of 1,420 units, up 22.9% from 2016. Sales of the Lexus RX led the way, setting another new monthly record with 570 units sold, up 43.6% from 2016.
February sales highlights:
- Corolla sales of 3,469 units, up 36.4% (new February record)
- Lexus sales of 1,420 units, up 22.9% (new February record, eighth straight monthly record)
- Toyota Highlander sales of 977 units, up 3.1% (new February record)
- Lexus RX sales of 570 units, up 43.6% (new February record)
- Toyota 4Runner sales of 548 units, up 24.5% (new February record)
- Lexus NX sales of 400 units, up 16.3% (new February record)
Please click here for full TCI February sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Toyota has sold over 5 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 287 Toyota and Lexus dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than six million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid.