(TORONTO) – Canadians looking for the versatility of passenger car-like handling, control and comfort, combined with the power and utility of a mid-size SUV featuring greater fuel efficiency, can find it all in the 2011 Toyota Highlander and 2011 Toyota Highlander Hybrid.
“Known for their versatility, the 2011 Highlander and Highlander Hybrid models come with even more standard features including 3rdrow seating, making room for seven adults, fresh styling inside and out and a choice of power trains – including four-cylinder, V6 and upgraded Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive – and several trim packages,” said Warren Orton, Director, Toyota Canada Inc. “And with a 10% improvement in fuel economy and a new exhaust heat recovery system for improved cold weather performance featured in the 2011 Highlander Hybrid – there’s a Highlander or Highlander Hybrid to meet the needs of all Canadians.”
Making their Canadian auto show debut at the 25th annual Georgian College Auto Show (September 24-26 in Barrie, Ontario) and in showrooms in early November, the 2011 Toyota Highlander and 2011 Toyota Highlander Hybrid are performance-oriented, efficient and versatile, making them the perfect vehicle for active families.
Highlights for 2011
- All models are now standard equipped with 50/50 split third-row seat for seven-passenger capacity;
- Three Highlander models: The Toyota Highlander (4-cyl/FWD), Highlander 4WD V6 (with available Leather and all-new Sport Packages) and Highlander 4WD V6 Limited;
- Two Highlander Hybrid models: Highlander Hybrid (with available Comfort Package) and Highlander Hybrid Limited;
- Toyota Highlander Hybrid features a 10% improvement in fuel economy and new Exhaust Heat Recovery and Exhaust Gas Recirculation systems for improved cold weather performance;
- Toyota Highlander Hybrid features upgraded Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive built around a 3.5L Atkinson cycle V6, replacing a 3.3L engine in previous models, and an enhanced electrical motor/generator system, both of which deliver even more power;
- Toyota Highlander now features Toyota’s automatic headlamp system and rear-seat HVAC controls;
- Toyota Highlander 4WD V6 now features Bluetooth connectivity. It may be ordered with the all-new Sport Package, which adds a power moon roof, 19” aluminum alloy wheels, three-zone independent automatic climate control, leather interior finishes, and more;
- The Toyota Highlander 4WD V6 Limited now features Bluetooth connectivity and a voice-activated navigation system as standard equipment.
- The Toyota Highlander Hybrid and Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited now feature upgraded audio systems with USB audio input and XM Satellite Radio capability;
- All models enjoy redesigned exterior styling elements – including front fascia, grille, hood, fender, headlamps, rear bumper, rear combination tail lamps, rear spoiler, and new aluminum alloy wheels;
- Inside, all models feature updated instrument panels, gauge clusters and interior trims and finishes.
- 30 -
Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks, and Toyota Industrial Equipment. TCI’s head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. TCI supports more than 300 Toyota, Lexus, Scion and Toyota Industrial Equipment dealers in Canada with services that include training, marketing and environmental and customer satisfaction initiatives. A consistent award winner for product quality and ownership satisfaction, Toyota has sold over three million vehicles in Canada. More information about Toyota is available at media.toyota.ca.