Fuel efficiency and features make the compact Corolla a favourite with Canadian drivers
(TORONTO, ON – August 08, 2012) It’s fuel-efficient and value packed. It’s affordable to buy and operate. And it delivers class-up styling, comfort and amenities for up to five adults – including a newly available moonroof-equipped Corolla CE that’s the lowest priced vehicle with a moonroof in its segment. Plus, it’s built right here in Canada – so it’s no wonder the Toyota Corolla is one of the country’s best-selling passenger cars.
“For 2013, we have made the Corolla even better, with enhanced audio systems on popular models and a new mix of available options packages that deliver more of the features Canadians want,” noted Tony Wearing, Senior Managing Director, Toyota Canada Inc. “As one of our core models, every 2013 Corolla builds on the tradition of reliability, comfort, fuel efficiency, attention to detail and safety that are hallmarks of the Toyota brand. But see for yourself, with a test drive at your nearest Toyota dealer.”
The 2013 Toyota Corolla delivers the driving confidence of a 132 peak horsepower 1.8L 4-cylinder engine, enhanced with dual variable valve timing with intelligence (Dual VVT-i), a Direct Ignition System, Electronic Throttle Control System with intelligence and other features to maximize performance and efficiency. Responsive and efficient electric power steering and an independent front and torsion beam rear suspension – enhanced with stabilizer bars – add to Corolla’s easy-driving comfort in town or on the highway.
Fuel efficiency means less gas in the tank and more money in driver’s pockets – and the Corolla shines with city/highway/combined figures of 7.4/5.6/6.6 L per 100 KM for manual transmission models, and 7.8/5.7/6.8 L per 100 KM for automatics.
As with every new Toyota since 2011, the 2013 Corolla is also standard equipped with the six active safety technologies of the Star Safety System: Antilock Brake System, Brake Assist, Electronic Brake Force Distribution, Vehicle Stability Control, Traction Control and Smart Stop Technology work together to help drivers avoid potential accident situations. Safety is always standard on a Toyota, so the Corolla features a suite of six airbags (dual-stage driver and front passenger, front seat mounted side, and front and rear side curtain) plus Active Front Headrests with Whiplash Protection, anchor points for child seats and child protector rear door locks.
The 2013 Corolla is available in three trim levels:
Corolla CE (MSRP starting at $15,450)
The 2013 Corolla CE delivers maximum value, with a fun yet thrifty 1.8L 4-cylinder engine and a choice of five-speed manual or four-speed automatic transmissions. Class-up features include a tilting/telescoping steering column, 60/40 split fold down rear seat to maximize cargo carrying versatility, outside temperature gauge, dual vanity mirrors, a 12-volt accessory power outlet, dual power adjustable and heated exterior mirrors, and more.
The Corolla CE may be enhanced with a choice of three available options packages:
- The Convenience Package adds steering wheel audio controls, air conditioning, an upgraded audio system with Bluetooth capability, power door locks with keyless entry, and more.
- The Enhanced Convenience Package builds on this with features including heated front seats, power windows with driver’s side auto-down, and cruise control.
- The Moonroof Package – new for 2013 – making Corolla CE the most attractively-priced vehicle with a moonroof in the segment.
Corolla S (MSRP starting at $20,605)
The 2013 Corolla S shifts style into high gear with a series of sport-inspired features – including full skirt package, unique scuff plates, a leather-wrapped steering wheel with integrated audio controls, sport seats clad in special fabric, fog lamps, and a rear spoiler.
The Corolla S combines the 1.8L four-cylinder engine with a choice of five-speed manual or four-speed automatic transmissions. 16” wheels give the Corolla S a more aggressive stance, while the cabin features a 6.1” display audio system – new for this model year – with USB audio input, six speakers and Bluetooth connectivity, including smart phone phonebook access and streaming audio via Bluetooth.
The Corolla S may be enhanced with a choice of two available options packages:
- The Moonroof Package has been enhanced this year with the Toyota Smart Key System with Push Button Start. It also features a power moonroof, the Toyota automatic headlamp system, and automatic climate control.
- New for 2013, the Technology and Leather Package, adds leather seat surfaces, heated front seats, Bluetooth controls on the steering wheel, XM Satellite Radio, and an upgraded display audio with navigation system that features advanced voice recognition, Artist/Song/Album art display for connected iPods, and a text-to-speech and email-to-speech system.
Corolla LE (MSRP starting at $21,170)
The 2013 Corolla LE is tailor made for drivers with a refined sense of quality – loaded with upscale standard features such as 16” aluminum alloy wheels with locks, heated front seats, metallic dash accents, steering wheel-mounted audio controls, a seatback pocket on the front passenger seat, cruise control, keyless entry, a power moonroof with sunshade, fog lamps and more.
The cabin features a 6.1” display audio system – new for this model year – with USB audio input, six speakers and Bluetooth connectivity, including smart phone phonebook access and streaming audio via Bluetooth.
The Corolla LE features the 1.8L four-cylinder engine mated to the four-speed automatic transmission, and may also be ordered with a choice of two available options packages:
- The Upgrade Package now includes an eight-way power adjustable driver’s seat, plus automatic climate control, the Toyota automatic headlamp system, and the Toyota Smart Key System with Push Button Start.
- The Premium Package features an upgraded display audio with navigation system that features advanced voice recognition, Artist/Song/Album art display for connected iPods, and a text-to-speech and email-to-speech system. It also adds Bluetooth controls on the steering wheel, a leather wrapped steering wheel and woodgrain interior trim.
The 2013 Toyota Corolla goes on sale mid-August at Toyota Dealers across Canada. For more information on features and specifications, visit www.toyota.ca/corolla
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks. Toyota is the first full-line manufacturer to make all of the elements of the Star Safety System standard on every vehicle starting in 2011. The Star Safety System includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST). TCI’s head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. The Toyota Corolla, Matrix and RAV4 are built for the North American market at Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada Inc. (TMMC) in Cambridge, Ontario.