Fresh styling, new performance, more efficiency and an MSRP starting lower than 2011 models:
Camry Hybrid LE starts at $26,990; Camry Hybrid XLE starts at $28,990
(TORONTO) – The Toyota Camry Hybrid is better than ever with all-new styling, an upgraded power train, and premium standard features and amenities. And now drivers can put Canada’s popular mid-size sedan – featuring advanced performance, class-leading fuel efficiency and environmental benefits – in their driveways at a suggested starting price that's less than $30,000.
“We are very excited to be able to offer the new 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid – with a choice of two models. While the LE is new to the line-up, the XLE starts at a suggested starting price lower than its equivalent 2011 model,” noted Warren Orton, Director, Toyota Canada Inc. “Conceived and built in North America, with North Americans in mind, the Camry Hybrid continues Camry’s 30-year tradition as the car that drivers have come to trust and respect.”
- The 2012 Camry Hybrid LE is new to the line-up and starts at a low price of only $26,900.
- The 2012 Camry Hybrid XLE starts at just $28,990, which is a $2,320 savings over last year’s model while adding $745 in additional standard equipment. The Camry Hybrid XLE adds several premium features, including: leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob; power adjustable driver’s seat; fog lamps; alumium alloy wheels with wheel locks; and more.
- The Camry Hybrid XLE may be further enhanced with a choice of two options packages: the Moonroof Package adds a power moonroof, integrated XM Satellite Radio, a navigation system with back-up camera, anti-theft system with glass breakage sensor, and more. The Leather and Premium Audio Package builds on this with an ten-speaker JBL Premium Audio system, a 7” AVN monitor with video, heated front seats, and ultrasuede seat surfaces with leather.
Like all Toyota vehicles, the 2012 Camry Hybrid delivers benchmark levels of performance, safety and value:
- PERFORMANCE: The Toyota Camry Hybrid features an upgraded Hybrid Synergy Drive for 2012, with a larger 2.5L four-cylinder Atkinson cycle engine, high-torque electric motor, powerful storage battery, continuously variable transmission and sophisticated power management system to deliver 200 net system horsepower – 13 HP more than the previous generation. At the same time, the new Camry Hybrid boosts its fuel efficiency by a remarkable 30 percent. Drivers may choose from several driving modes including ECO mode and – new for 2012 – EV mode, which allows the Camry Hybrid to travel up to 2.5 KM on electric power alone. Engineers also paid special attention to the Camry Hybrid’s handling with an improved suspension design, Toyota’s state of the art Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management System, and highly responsive electric power steering;
- SAFETY: The 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid features a class-leading 10 airbags, with the addition of three new airbags: a front passenger knee airbag and a pair of rear seat side airbags. As with all new Toyota models, the Camry Hybrid is standard equipped with the Star Safety System, a suite of six active safety technologies designed to protect occupants by helping drivers avoid accidents in the first place. while the audible vehicle approach notice system alerts those around the Camry Hybrid to its presence when it’s being driven in electric-only mode. Additional safety features include active front headrests with whiplash protection, anchor points for child restraint seats and child protector rear door locks.
- VALUE: Every 2012 Camry Hybrid includes a sharper exterior design and a more refined interior with premium appearance, feel and comfort levels. And every vehicle comes standard equipped with an impressive suite of features and amenities, including: electrically-driven automatic air conditioning, part of dual-zone automatic climate control system; re-engineered audio system featuring USB and auxiliary input jacks, plus steering wheel-mounted audio controls; The Toyota Smart Key System with Push Button Start; high-visibility Optitron instumentation with multi-information display; a premium illumination system; power adjustable and heated mirrors; and more.
The 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid goes on sale in November at 247 Toyota dealers across Canada.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks. Toyota is the first full-line manufacturer to make all of the elements of the Star Safety System standard on every 2011 vehicle. The Star Safety System includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST). TCI’s head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.