- All time quarterly record for TCI trucks and SUVs with 50,707 vehicles sold
- Electrified vehicle sales up 291.4% for all-time quarterly record
- Lexus luxury division sets all-time quarterly record with 7,585 vehicles sold
TORONTO, Ontario – July 2, 2021 – Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) reported a record 25,303 vehicles sold in June and overall sales of 71,845 in the second quarter, led by strong demand in key segments such as compact cars, SUVs, compact trucks and electrified vehicles.
June 2021 Sales
Compared to the same period last year, the Toyota division was up 45.7% with a record 22,765 units sold in June, led by sales of the RAV4 and Highlander. The Lexus luxury division set a record for the fourth consecutive month with 2,538 units sold, up 20.9%, led by UX and RX.
TCI’s electrified vehicles set a sales record for the sixth consecutive month, with 7,007 units sold in June (up 171.3%), led by the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, Highlander Hybrid and all-new Sienna Hybrid. Electrified vehicles accounted for 27.7% of TCI’s overall sales for the month.
Record Q2 Sales
TCI sold 22,243 units of the RAV4 (up 127.5%), 6,033 units of the Highlander (up 178%), 4,874 units of the Tacoma (up 53.4%) and 2,620 units the C-HR (up 46.5%), setting all-time quarterly records for each.
The Toyota division reported sales of 64,260 units, up 92.3% in Q2 compared to the same period last year and the Lexus luxury division reported sales of 7,585 units, up 84.3% for an all-time quarterly record.
Electrified vehicle sales were up 291.4% with 20,825 units sold for an all-time quarterly sales record and accounted for 29% of TCI’s overall sales.
Additional June Highlights
- Toyota RAV4 sales of 7,235 units, up 42.5% (new June record)
- Toyota Highlander sales of 2,289 units, up 158.6% (best month ever)
- Toyota Tacoma sales of 1,514 units, up 18.1% (new June record)
- Toyota Corolla sales of 5,192 units, up 50.6%
- Lexus UX sales of 360 units, up 44.6% (best month ever)
Additional Q2 Highlights
- Toyota RAV4 sales of 22,243 units, up 127.5% (all-time quarterly record)
- Toyota Highlander sales of 6,033, up 178% (all-time quarterly record)
- Toyota Tacoma sales of 4,874, up 53.4% (all-time quarterly record)
- Toyota C-HR sales of 2,620, up 46.5% (all-time quarterly record)
- Toyota Corolla sales of 13,456 units, up 93.3%
- Toyota Camry sales of 3,726 units, up 151.6%
- Toyota Sienna sales of 3,491 units, up 83.7%
- Lexus UX sales of 1,040 units, up 117.1% (all-time quarterly record)
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Toyota has sold over five million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 287 Toyota and Lexus dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability to the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax, and parts distribution centres in Clarington and Vancouver. Toyota also operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than nine million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid. Recent investments at its facilities in Ontario will allow for increased production of the top-selling Toyota RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrid models for the North American market.