(TORONTO) – Raise the bar, with the 2012 Toyota Yaris Sedan– the four-door subcompact Sedan that features a high level of style, performance and safety, with the Toyota Star Safety system, at a remarkable price. The bottom line is value without compromise, in a choice of automatic or manual transmissions to deliver impressive fuel efficiency numbers and three trim levels that let you pick the Yaris Sedan that’s right for you.
Highlights for 2012
- A revised headlamp design, featuring reflector style halogen headlamps.
“The Yaris Sedan demonstrates that big ideas can come in small packages – with room for five, impressive safety features, and an extensive list of standard comfort and convenience features,” said Warren Orton, Director, Toyota Canada Inc. “What’s more, we’ve complemented the Yaris Sedan’s European-inspired styling and performance with a fresh headlamp design for the 2012 model year.”
Power and performance
The 2012 Toyota Yaris Sedan is powered by a 106 horsepower, 1.5-litre 4-cylinder engine for spirited acceleration, impressive fuel efficiency, and reduced emissions. The engine features a lightweight aluminum block, dual overhead cams, 16 valves, Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i), sequential multiport electronic fuel injection and an Electronic Throttle Control System with intelligence (ETCS-i), for a Tier 2 Bin 5 emissions rating.
Choose from a four-speed automatic or five-speed manual and know you’re enjoying impressive fuel efficiency numbers: 6.2L/100KM city/highway combined (manual) or 6.4L/100KM combined (automatic).
Handling and Control
Responsive steering, smooth ride, and an almost intuitive ability to hug the road: these are the hallmarks of the European-inspired performance found in every Toyota Yaris. The Yaris Sedan delivers confident, fun-to-drive handling and agility with: short overhangs, highly-responsive electric power steering, a low centre of gravity and a suspension geometry that features MacPherson struts, coil springs and a stabilizer bar up front and a Torsion Beam and coil spring arrangement at the rear.
From its impact absorbing structure to advanced active and passive safety systems, every 2012 Toyota Yaris Sedan is engineered to help prevent accidents, and to protect driver and passengers if an incident occurs, offering peace of mind to drivers and passengers:
- All Yaris Sedans are standard equipped with the Toyota Star Safety System™, a suite of six active safety technologies designed to protect occupants by helping drivers avoid accidents in the first place. The Toyota Star Safety System includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Antilock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA) enhancements, plus Smart Stop Technology (SST)
- The Yaris Sedan surrounds driver and friends in a suite of six airbags, including dual-stage driver and passenger airbags, front seat mounted side airbags, and front & rear side curtain airbags
- A carefully engineered body structure that helps channel impact forces away from occupants and protect pedestrians in the event of an accident
- Power-assisted front ventilated disc and rear drum brakes
- All-position three point lap and shoulder belts plus pretensioners, force limiters and adjustable shoulder belt anchors for the front seatbelts
- Anchor points for child-restraint seats and child protector rear door locks.
The Yaris Sedan features a comfortable and functional interior with plenty of standard convenience and style features, including:
- A four-speaker audio system featuring AM/FM/CD with MP3 capability and an auxiliary input jack for portable music players
- A cabin air filter and rear seat heater ducts
- Room for five in adjustable front bucket seats including a driver’s seat cushion height adjustment, and a 60/40 split fold-down rear seat with fold-down centre armrest
- Dual vanity mirrors, a digital clock
- Full instrumentation including a tachometer
- A three-spoke steering wheel with tilting steering column
- Smart in-cabin storage including a front console box with lid, front seat back pockets, front and rear cupholders and door map pockets
- Engine immobilizer and remote fuel lid release
- Dual exterior mirrors with manual remote control
- Intermittent wipers with mist feature
The 2012 Toyota Yaris Sedan may be ordered with one of two upgrade packages to add comfort, convenience and style:
The Convenience Package adds air conditioning, power windows, power door locks with keyless entry, front and rear splash guards, power adjustable and heated exterior mirrors, distinctive blacked-out side window frames and chrome trim on the trunk.
The Enhanced Convenience Package includes all items in the Convenience Package, plus cruise control.
Pricing and availability
The 2012 Toyota Yaris Sedan is now on sale at Canadian Toyota Dealers, with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price starting at $14, 400.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks. Toyota is the first full-line manufacturer to make all of the elements of the Star Safety System standard on every 2011 vehicle. The Star Safety System includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST). TCI’s head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.