Sales increase builds on popularity of new product
TORONTO, ON., (May 1, 2014) – Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) sold 20,663 vehicles in April, up 2.9% versus 2013, with sales of cars up 1.5% and trucks up 4.5%.
Through the first four months of the year, TCI has recorded total sales of 59,441 units, up 5% over the same period last year. This is as a result of the widespread popularity of TCI’s new products, including the new Corolla, new Highlander and Highlander Hybrid, which each contributed significantly to sales during this period.
Lexus posted a monthly record for the third straight month with April sales reaching 1,628 vehicles, up 7.1% compared to last year.
Toyota sales division highlights for April 2014 (vs. 2013)
- Toyota Sales: 18,527 (up 2.9%) :: 53,127 in the first four months of the year (up 4.8%)
- Passenger car sales: 9,892 (up 0.6%)
- Corolla sales: 5,620 (up 20.8%)
- Yaris sales: 872 (up 19.1%)
- Prius c sales: 290 (up 13.7%)
- Prius sales: 229 (up 10.1%)
- Camry Hybrid sales: 301 (up 2.7%)
- Truck sales: 8,635 (up 5.7%)
- Highlander sales: 847 (up 32.1%) :: New April record :: second straight month of record sales
- Highlander Hybrid sales: 214 (up 135.2%) :: New monthly record
- Tacoma sales: 1,020 (up 3.3%) :: New April record
- Tundra sales: 978 (up 69.5%)
- 4Runner sales: 343 (up 25.6%)
- Sienna sales: 1,188 (up 3.9%)
“Our popular portfolio of new car and truck offerings continued to gain sales strength through April,” said Larry Hutchinson, Vice President, Sales, Toyota Canada Inc. “A particular highlight was great success for the refreshed 2014 Highlander and Highlander Hybrid. The versatile 2014 Highlander is proving to be the perfect fit for Canadians with modern, active lifestyles.”
Lexus sales highlights for April 2014 (vs. 2013)
- Lexus sales: 1,628 (up 7.1%) :: New April record :: third straight month of record sales
- Luxury car sales: 841 (up 25.1%)
- IS series sales: 410 (up 199.3%) :: New April record :: third straight month of record sales
- Luxury SUV sales: 787
- GX sales: 46 (up 130%)
Scion sales highlights for April 2014 (versus 2013)
- Scion sales: 508
- iQ sales: 56 (up 14.3%)
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. April sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Incorporated in 1964, Toyota has sold more than 4 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 285 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada which build popular Canadian vehicles Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Toyota Matrix, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid. Toyota Motor Manufacturing Cambridge (TMMC) also manufactures the Toyota RAV4 EV for the North American market. TMMC is the only manufacturer in Canada to assemble both hybrid and electric vehicles.