Next-generation all-new Toyota Prius and new model Lexus HS250h make their Canadian debut at the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto
(Toronto) – More than ever before, Canadian drivers are looking for new, innovative vehicles that deliver real and lasting benefits to themselves, their families, their neighbours and their communities. At the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto, Toyota Canada Inc. today unveiled two new hybrid gasoline-electric models that deliver the vehicle of the future to the present:
The 2010 Toyota Prius is completely updated for this model year and continues to be an icon for practical sustainable mobility:
- It features a hybrid power system that’s 90 per cent newly developed with more than 1,000 patents in its design – covering innovations from performance, fuel efficiency and emissions to safety, comfort and convenience;
- This 3rd generation Prius achieves a combined fuel consumption of 3.8L/100km, it offers 22 per cent more power while providing fuel efficiency that is 7 per cent greater than its predecessor;
“Many companies have been talking about their plans to deliver the car of the future, and Canadians will see many promising future technologies at the Canadian International Auto Show this week. With the new Prius, however, we are telling Canadians they can have the car of the future right now. Not five years from now, but this spring, when it goes on sale across Canada,” noted Stephen Beatty, Managing Director of Toyota Canada Inc.
The 2010 Lexus HS250h is the world’s first dedicated luxury hybrid gasoline-electric vehicle, and further expands the world’s only luxury hybrid lineup with an entry level luxury hybrid sedan that gives Canadian drivers a new, no compromise standard for advanced luxury motoring:
- The all-new HS 250h includes a sophisticated exhaust recovery system that increases fuel efficiency and reduces engine warm-up time;
- It introduces the “cockpit of the future” with interior Eco Plastics that reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 20 per cent over the vehicle’s lifecycle;
- The all-new Lexus HS250h goes on sale across Canada this summer.
“Six in ten people shopping for an entry luxury model have told Lexus that they would like a hybrid option. Only Lexus can offer this kind of advanced technology experience in a no-compromise luxury vehicle,” Mr. Beatty explained. “With the new HS250h, we are further cementing the Lexus commitment to advanced motoring that is intuitive, powerful, safer, and – it should be noted – environmentally sophisticated.”
“Canadians understand that as a society we need to redefine personal transportation or it will have no future. This means offering solutions that are friendlier to drivers and passengers, friendlier to pedestrians and other vehicles, and friendlier to our communities and the planet,” Mr. Beatty concluded. “With these two hybrid gasoline-electric vehicles, we are offering innovation, advanced technology and environmental sophistication on four wheels, and doing it in a way that is meaningful to both Toyota and Lexus drivers.”
Consumers can visit www.prius.ca for information and updates on the 2010 Toyota Prius, including photo and video content.