TORONTO, ON., (May 1, 2013) – Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) sold 20,089 vehicles in April, up 7.2% versus 2012.
Toyota division sales of 18,008 vehicles were up 6% as truck sales continue to drive growth with sales up 20.3%. April also set new sales records for the all-new RAV4 and Tacoma 4x4, surpassing the previous April records set in 2011. Lexus recorded a 13.6% overall sales growth versus 2012, with luxury SUV sales up 30.9%. Scion also recorded its best-ever April since launch with sales up 40.3%.
Toyota sales highlights for April 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Toyota sales: 18,008 (up 6%)
- Toyota passenger car sales: 9,837
- Avalon sales: 158 (up 464.3%)
- Camry sales: 1,826 (up 10.1%)
- Corolla sales: 4,654 (up 8.8%)
- Matrix sales: 1,424 (up 1.4%)
- Toyota truck sales: 8,171 (up 20.3%)
- 4Runner sales: 273 (up 6.6%)
- Highlander sales: 641 (up 69.1%)
- Highlander Hybrid sales: 91 (up 3.4%)
- RAV4 sales: 3,347 (up 36.1%) :: new April record
- Sequoia sales: 71 (up 12.7%)
- Sienna sales: 1,143 (up 31.2%)
- Tacoma 4X4 sales: 934 (up 15.9%):: new April record
- Tacoma 4X2 sales: 53 (up 39.5%)
“We thank Canadians for visiting their Toyota dealership during the annual Red Tags Days event, now on until the end of May, it's a great opportunity to explore the full range of great vehicles from Toyota,” said Larry Hutchinson, Managing Director, Toyota Canada Inc. “Our vehicles offer attractive styling, convenient features, and engaging driving dynamics, all at an exceptional value.”
Lexus sales highlights for April 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Lexus sales: 1,520 (up 13.6%)
- Lexus luxury car sales: 672
- ES sales: 263 (up 82.6%)
- LS sales: 27 (up 575%)
- Lexus luxury SUV sales: 848 (up 30.9%)
- LX sales: 29 (up 3.6%)
- RX sales: 747 (up 36.3%)
- RXh sales: 52 (up 20.9%)
“Lexus’ new focus on design and engineering excellence continues to be embraced by Canadians,” said Cyril Dimitris, Director, Lexus Canada. “Whether it’s the GS, ES, LS or RX, our Lexus line-up is inspired and offers exceptional style, luxury and performance.”
Scion sales highlights for April 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Scion sales: 561 (up 40.3%) :: new April record
“We enjoyed our best-ever April, led by strong sales of the FR-S,” said Cyril Dimitris, Director, Scion Canada.
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. April 2013 sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks. Toyota is the first full-line manufacturer to make all of the elements of the Star Safety System standard on every vehicle starting in 2011. The Star Safety System includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST). TCI’s head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.