- New January record for TCI truck sales
- Toyota RAV4 registers twelfth consecutive monthly record: each month since being on the market
TORONTO, ON., (February 3, 2014) – Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) sold 10,439 vehicles across its three automotive brands in January, up 10.6% versus 2013.
Led by a twelfth consecutive monthly sales record for the Canadian-made RAV4, it was a record January for TCI truck sales, at 5,869, up 50.2% compared to 2013. Other highlights included January records for the sales of the Toyota Prius c, and Tacoma and Tundra pickup trucks.
Toyota sales highlights for January 2014 (vs. 2013)
- Sales: 9,328 (up 11.9%)
- Car sales: 3,981
- Prius c sales: 116 (up 9.4%) :: new January record
- Yaris sales: 375 (up 21%)
- Truck sales: 5,347 (up 50.2%) :: new January record
- 4Runner sales: 298 (up 56.8%)
- Canadian-built RAV4 sales: 2,160 (up 221.4%) :: new January record :: 12th straight month of record sales
- Highlander sales: 340 (up 3.7%)
- Sequoia sales: 67 (up 11.7%)
- Tacoma 4X4 sales: 587 (up 6.3%) :: New January record
- Tundra 4X4 sales: 660 (up 51.7%) :: New January record
“This is an excellent start to 2014,” said Larry Hutchinson, Vice President, Sales, Toyota Canada Inc. “We are pleased to have so many vehicles across our lineup with record January sales.”
Lexus sales highlights for January 2014 (vs. 2013)
- Sales: 914 (up 12.1%)
- Luxury car sales: 392 (up 9.2%)
- IS sales: 171 (up 271.7%)
- LS sales: 12 (up 33.3%)
- Luxury SUV sales: 522 (up 14.5%)
- GX sales: 60 (up 130.8%)
- LX sales: 25 (up 56.3%)
- RX sales: 383 (up 5.2%)
- RX h sales: 54 (up 8.0%)
Scion sales highlights for January 2014 (vs. 2013)
- Scion sales: 197
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. January sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Incorporated in 1964, Toyota has sold more than 4 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 284 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. With a commitment to constant innovation, Toyota strives to stay ahead and anticipate the needs of consumers. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota also operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada which build popular Canadian vehicles Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Toyota Matrix, Lexus RX and Toyota RAV4 EV.