(TORONTO, ON – June 2, 2015) Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) marked its fifth straight monthly sales record for TCI trucks in May and recorded best-ever total truck sales for the second month in a row. TCI total truck sales rose to 11,171 units in May, up 12.1% over last year and over 500 units more than the previous best month total of 10,598 achieved in April of this year.
At a divisional level, Toyota trucks also established the best-ever month of sales at 10,053 units, up 10.7% over last year. This was led by the best May ever for the Canadian-made RAV4 with 4,235 units sold, up 21.8% over last year – as well as the all-time best May for Highlander, at 1,099, up 20.2% over 2014.
In addition, it was the eighth consecutive monthly sales record of Lexus luxury vehicles, at 2,026, up 13.2% versus last year. That included the all-time best May for sales of Lexus luxury SUVs, at 1,118, up 27.2% compared to last year.
In total, TCI sold 22,317 vehicles in May, down 0.7% compared to last year.
Toyota (including Scion) sales highlights for May 2015 (vs. 2014)
- Toyota sales: 20,291 (down 1.9%)
- Passenger car sales: 10,238
- Corolla sales: 5,938
- Camry sales: 2,003 (up 2.2%)
- Scion xB sales: 129 (up 72%)
- Truck sales: 10,053 (up 10.7%) :: second straight best month ever :: fifth straight monthly record
- RAV4 sales: 4,235 (up 21.8%) :: second straight monthly record
- Sienna sales: 1,615 (up 43.6%)
- Highlander sales: 1,099 (up 20.2%) :: new May record
- 4Runner sales: 452 (up 37%)
Lexus sales highlights for May 2015 (vs. 2014)
- Lexus sales: 2,026 (up 13.2%) :: eighth straight monthly record
- Luxury car sales: 908
- IS sales: 400
- ES sales: 261
- RC sales: 85
- CT sales: 101
- Luxury SUV sales: 1,118 (up 27.2%) :: fifth straight monthly record
- RX sales: 610
- NX sales: 422
- GX sales: 57 (up 62.9%)
- LX sales: 29
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. May sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Toyota has sold over 4.6 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 285 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada which build popular Canadian vehicles: Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid and celebrated production of its 6 millionth vehicle.