New models drive sales as TCI builds momentum heading into final month of 2011
TORONTO, ON – December 1, 2011 – Canadian drivers embraced all new and next generation models in record numbers last month, helping Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) post its fifth-straight month of market share gains and a 19.7% year over year gain in November, 2011. The 14,563 Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, trucks and SUVs sold in November included strong sales of new and next-generation models, including the redesigned Camry in gas and hybrid models, the redesigned Yaris Hatch and the all-new Prius v.
- Toyota sales were up 19.6% with gains in models introduced this fall, including the all-new Prius v and the next-generation Yaris Hatchback, Camry and Camry Hybrid.
- Lexus sales were 9.8% higher with strong sales of the CT 200h and the RX series midsize luxury SUV.
- Scion sales were up 63.5%, led by the tC and xD.
- Hybrid sales were up 119.5% year over year, led by strong sales of the all-new Prius v and Lexus CT 200h, and impressive gains for the Highlander Hybrid.
Toyota sales highlights for November 2011 (vs. November 2010)
“Canadian drivers embraced our new Camry, Camry Hybrid, Yaris Hatch and Prius v in November, helping Toyota continue to build market share, month after month, since the summer,” said Tony Wearing, Managing Director, Toyota Canada Inc. “With new vehicles and popular sales events, Toyota Dealers from coast to coast have delivered a stellar performance over the second half of 2011. Having built such momentum, we look forward to ending the year on a high note, with more to come in 2012.”
- Toyota Cars up 15.6% with year-over-year gains in six of eight model lines, including:
- Prius up 257.1%
- Camry up 122.4%
- Yaris Hatch up 52.9%
- Avalon up 27.3%
- Toyota Trucks up 24.2% to set a new November record, with eight of 10 model lines reporting gains:
- Highlander up 46.7%
- Tacoma up 36.0%
- Venza up 30.2%
- Canadian-built RAV4 up 26.3%
Lexus sales highlights for November 2011 (vs. November 2010)
- Lexus luxury cars up 12.4%
- 180 CT 200h models sold in November (first year in production)
- Lexus luxury SUVs up 7.7%
- RX series up 11.2%
Scion sales highlights for November 2011 (vs. November 2010)
“Trend-setting Canadians have embraced Scion in its first year, and with the exciting new FR-S – unveiled this week at the Tokyo Motor Show and on its way to Canada – we anticipate more high-energy sales months ahead at Scion,” said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Scion Canada.
- xD up 165.2%
- tC up 129.8%
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. November 2011 sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks. Toyota is the first full-line manufacturer to make all of the elements of the Star Safety System standard on every 2011 vehicle. The Star Safety System includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST). TCI’s head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.