- Total TCI sales up 1.5% in February, up 5.8% for the first two months of the year
- February record for TCI truck sales
TORONTO, ON., (March 3, 2014) – Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) sold 10,942 vehicles in February, up 1.5% versus 2013, bringing total sales to date in 2014 to 21,381 (up 5.8%).
Lexus set a February record of 980 luxury vehicles sold (up 20%), led by a best-ever February for the Lexus IS sedan, with 241 sold (up 372.5%). It was also the best February ever for TCI truck sales at 5,671 (up 1.2%), bringing the total so far this year to 11,540 (up 20%).
Toyota sales highlights for February 2014 (vs. 2013)
- Sales: 9,763 (up 0.5%)
- Passenger car sales: 4,598 (up 0.1%)
- Corolla sales: 2,631 (up 16.5%)
- Yaris sales: 393 (up 32.8%)
- Truck sales: 5,165 (up 0.9%) :: New February record :: second straight month of record sales
- 4Runner sales: 289 (up 73.1%)
- Highlander sales: 585 (up 74.1%)
- Canadian-built RAV4 sales: 1,966 :: 4,126 sold year-to-date (up 35.6%)
- Sequoia sales: 75 (up 74.4%)
- Tundra sales: 570 (up 36.7%)
“Toyota has made a number of enhancements to the SUV and truck line-ups over the past year and we are very pleased with the strong consumer response that continued in February as we launched yet another new model, the 2014 Toyota Highlander,” said Larry Hutchinson, Vice President, Sales, Toyota Canada Inc. “With the continuing strength of the new RAV4, the new Tundra, updated 4Runner and the addition of a new, special edition Tacoma, Toyota offers a strong product lineup in every segment of the truck and SUV market in Canada.”
Lexus sales highlights for February 2014 (vs. 2013)
- Sales: 980 (up 20%) :: New February record
- Luxury car sales: 474 (up 41.5%)
- CT sales: 77 (up 60.4%)
- IS sales: 241 (up 372.5%) :: New February record
- Luxury SUV sales: 506 (up 5.0%)
- GX sales: 41 (up 95.2%)
- LX sales: 16 (up 33.3%)
- RX sales: 429 (up 6.5%)
Scion sales highlights for February 2014 (vs. 2013)
- Sales: 199
- xB sales: 45 (up 7.1%)
- xD sales: 24 (up 9.1%)
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. February sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Incorporated in 1964, Toyota has sold more than 4 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 284 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. With a commitment to constant innovation, Toyota strives to stay ahead and anticipate the needs of consumers. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota also operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada which build popular Canadian vehicles Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Toyota Matrix, Lexus RX and Toyota RAV4 EV.