TORONTO, ON – November 2, 2010 – Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) today reported October sales of 14,540 across all three brands, down 22.7% from October 2009.
Toyota Sales in October 2010
Toyota sold 13,073 cars, trucks and SUVs in October, down 24.7% from the previous year.
Highlights for Toyota in October 2010 (versus October 2009):
- Toyota Truck sales up 2.2% - Best October on record
- 4Runner mid-size SUV sales up 1114.3%
- Sienna minivan sales up 121.9%
- Tundra 4x4 full-size pick-up sales up 12.1%
- Canadian-built RAV4 compact SUV sales up 1.5% - Best October on record
Lexus Sales in October 2010
Lexus sold 1,220 luxury cars and SUVs in October, down 16.4% from the previous year.
Highlights for Lexus in October 2010 (versus October 2009):
- GX 460 mid-size luxury SUV sales up 683.3%
- RX 450h luxury hybrid SUV sales up 21.2%
Scion First Full Month of Sales
Scion Canada reported its youth and lifestyle automotive brand – which launched in Montréal, Toronto and Vancouver at the end of September – generated sales of 247 vehicles in its first full month of business.
The first Canadians to visit Scion dealerships reflect the demographic profile the Scion brand is designed to resonate with – the growing Generation-Y market in search of brands that allow for the creation of unique experiences – both at the point of purchase and with the vehicle itself.
Scion buyers in October also enhanced their well-equipped standard vehicle models with Scion accessories at a rate 2.6 times that of Toyota buyers.
Highlights for Scion in October 2010:
- More than 70 per cent of Scion showroom visitors were male
- More than half of Scion showroom visitors were under the age of 35
- 40 per cent of Scion showroom visitors were new to the Toyota family
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks, and Toyota Industrial Equipment. TCI’s head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. October 2010 sales results.