TORONTO, ONTARIO, August 1, 2018 – Faced with high gas prices over the past few months, more Canadians have been turning to hybrid electric vehicles as a solution. Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) reported record overall hybrid vehicle sales in July, with 2,079 units sold, up 9.2% compared to July 2017. Electrified vehicles represented 11% of the company’s total sales in July.
Overall, TCI reported total sales of 18,698 units during the month of July, down 1.4% compared to 2017. The Lexus luxury division reported a total of 1,834 units sold, down 9.1% compared to 2017.
Additional July Highlights
- Overall hybrid vehicle sales of 2,079 units, up 9.2% (New July Record)
- Prius sales of 570 units, up 52.4%
- Includes Prius Prime sales of 381 units
- Camry sales of 1,092 units, up 13.4%
- Overall truck sales of 11,626 units, up 1.5% (New July Record)
- C-HR sales of 707 units, up 21.9%
- Tacoma sales of 1,143 units, up 9.1% (New July Record)
- Tundra sales of 917 units, up 29.3%
Please click here for full TCI July sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Toyota has sold over 5 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 287 Toyota and Lexus dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than eight million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid.