- Best-ever October for sales of Lexus vehicles
TORONTO, ON., (November 1, 2013) – Led by the RAV4 setting a sales record for the ninth consecutive month – and establishing a new annual sales record of 27,996 with two months of 2013 still remaining – October sales for Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) rose 2.9% over last year, with 17,594 vehicles sold.
Tundra joined RAV4 with a best-ever October, leading TCI truck sales to an October record of 8,651 vehicles sold, up 8.5% versus 2012.
It was also an all-time best October for Lexus, with sales of 1,609 luxury vehicles, an increase of 5.9% versus 2012. This is the third consecutive month of record sales for Lexus.
Toyota sales highlights for October 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Sales: 15,593 (up 3.5%)
- Passenger car sales: 7,776
- Avalon sales: 88 (up 266.7%)
- Corolla sales: 4,312 (up 22.6%)
- Prius c sales: 235 (up 97.5%) :: new October record :: 4th straight month of record sales :: 2,582 year-to-date is new annual record
- Truck sales: 7,817 (up 8.1%) :: new October record
- 4Runner sales: 360 (up 41.2%)
- Canadian-built RAV4 sales: 3,051 (up 21.5%) :: new October record :: 9th straight month of record sales :: 27,996 year-to-date is new annual record
- Sequoia sales: 79 (up 9.7%)
- Sienna sales: 939 (up 11.5%)
- Tundra sales: 1,008 (up 73.8%) :: new October record
“The RAV4 has had a huge impact on the compact SUV segment, with more and more Canadians selecting this great vehicle month after month,” said Larry Hutchinson, Vice President, Toyota Canada Inc. “And the new Tundra, which came out just last month, is following suit. The full-size pickup segment has become the second-largest in Canada, and we are very excited about what we will see from Tundra in the coming months.”
Lexus sales highlights for October 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Sales: 1,609 (up 5.9%) :: new October record :: 3rd straight month of record sales
- Luxury car sales: 775 (up 0.1%) :: new October record
- IS sales: 339 (up 117.3%)
- LS sales: 23 (up 155.6%)
- Luxury SUV sales: 834 (up 11.8%)
- GX sales: 36 (up 12.5%)
- LX sales: 33 (up 57.1%)
- RX sales: 716 (up 15.1%)
Scion sales highlights for October 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Sales: 392
- FR-S sales: 130 (up 4%) :: new October record
Please <click here> for full Toyota Canada Inc. October sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks. Toyota is the first full-line manufacturer to make all of the elements of the Star Safety System standard on every vehicle starting in 2011. The Star Safety System includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST). TCI’s head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.
For more details, including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details please visit media.toyota.ca.