- Larry Hutchinson promoted to Managing Director
- Cyril Dimitris becomes Director of Lexus and Scion
- Stephen Beatty appointed Corporate Secretary, while remaining Managing Director
(TORONTO, ON – December 10, 2012) - Seiji Ichii, President and Chief Executive Officer of Toyota Canada, has announced the following executive appointments that take effect on January 2:
- Larry Hutchinson, a 26 year Toyota associate is being promoted to Managing Director. Reporting to Mr. Ichii, Mr. Hutchinson will assume responsibility for Toyota, Lexus and Scion Divisions, Product Planning, Sales & Inventory Planning, and Dealer Standards & Representation.
- Cyril Dimitris, with Toyota since 1988 and was recently appointed Director of Lexus Canada, will assume responsibility for the Scion sales and brand team, enabling greater concentration of effort for the two specialized brands. Mr. Dimitris will report to Mr. Hutchinson.
- Stephen Beatty, a 14 year associate reporting to Mr. Ichii, will be appointed to Corporate Secretary in addition to his current role as Managing Director responsible for Information Services, External Affairs, Corporate Planning & Communications, Marketing, and Customer Experience Management. In that capacity Mr. Beatty will also assume responsibility for Human Resources and Administration.
These appointments follow the retirement, effective December 31, of Tony Wearing, Senior Managing Director. Mr. Wearing was Toyota Canada’s longest-serving executive, having worked in the organization for the past 43 years.
“Tony’s experience in guiding TCI’s strategic direction has resulted in unprecedented sales and brand growth,” said Mr. Ichii. “He retires with an extraordinary legacy of tireless service and gracious leadership.”
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks. Toyota is the first full-line manufacturer to make all of the elements of the Star Safety System standard on every vehicle starting in 2011. The Star Safety System includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST). TCI’s head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.