- TCI’s electrified vehicle sales up 57.5% in January, accounting for 23% of overall sales
TORONTO, ON – February 2, 2021 – Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) started this year as it ended the last one - with continued momentum for electrified vehicle sales and a record 2,721 units sold in January.
For the month, hybrid electric, plug-in hybrid electric and fuel-cell electric vehicle sales accounted for 23% of TCI’s total sales, led by the only-available-in-hybrid-electric Toyota Sienna and Venza, as well as the Toyota RAV4 Hybrid and Highlander Hybrid, and RX Hybrid.
TCI reported overall sales of 11,833 vehicles for the month, down 13.6% compared to the same period last year.
Additional January Highlights:
- Toyota Highlander Hybrid sales of 308 units, up 440.4% (new January record)
- Toyota Sienna sales of 751 units, up 109.2%
- Toyota RAV4 Hybrid sales of 748 units, up 32.6% (new January record)
- Toyota 4Runner sales of 668 units, up 30.2% (new January record)
- Lexus IS sales of 115 units, up 30.7%
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Toyota has sold over six million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 287 Toyota and Lexus dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability to the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax, and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than nine million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid. Recent investments at its facilities in Ontario will allow for increased production of the top-selling Toyota RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrid models.
# # #