- Lexus luxury division reports record vehicle sales for fifth consecutive month
- Electrified vehicles account for 27.9% of TCI’s overall sales in July
TORONTO, Ontario – August 4, 2021 –Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) set an overall July sales record last month, with 23,845 vehicles sold, up 19.4% from July 2020 and 10% from July 2019.
TCI’s Lexus luxury division reported its fifth consecutive month of record sales with 2,608 units sold, led by sales of the Lexus UX, NX and RX SUVs (all July records).
The company’s Toyota division also achieved a July sales record with 21,237 units sold, led by record months for the RAV4, Highlander, Tacoma and C-HR.
Electrified vehicles accounted for 27.9% of TCI’s overall sales in July, including new July records for Corolla Hybrid and Highlander Hybrid.
Additional July Highlights:
- Toyota RAV4 family sales of 6,702 (new July record)
- Toyota Highlander sales of 2,070 (new July record)
- Toyota Tacoma sales of 1,388 units (new July record)
- Toyota C-HR sales of 1,061 units (best month ever)
- Lexus RX sales of 923 units (new July record)
- Lexus NX sales of 822 units (new July record)
- Lexus UX sales of 337 units (new July record)
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Toyota has sold over six million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 286 Toyota and Lexus dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability to the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax, and parts distribution centres in Clarington and Vancouver. Toyota also operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than nine million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid. Recent investments at its facilities in Ontario will allow for increased production of the top-selling Toyota RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrid models for the North American market.
# # #