- Overall sales increase of 2.9% leads to record November for Toyota Canada Inc.
- Lexus Canada records its 17th consecutive monthly record and surpasses annual sales record
TORONTO, ONTARIO, December 1, 2017 – With just six months on the market - in only one province – public response to the Prius Prime plug-in hybrid has confirmed strong early reviews by automotive journalists, outperforming its previous generation’s best sales year ever by over 300%.
Initially offered exclusively to plug-in hybrid-hungry Quebec consumers, Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) has sold 649 Prius Prime plug-in hybrids since its launch in June. In the first two months alone, TCI sold more Prius Prime units than it did in the first full year of its previous generation.
Record month of November for Toyota Canada Inc., up 2.9%
Overall, TCI reported total sales of 16,963 units during a record month of November, up 2.9% compared to November 2016. The Toyota division sold 15,052 units, up 3% compared to last year, also experiencing a monthly record.
Lexus Canada surpasses annual sales record in only 11 months
The Lexus division achieved its 17th consecutive monthly record, with 1,911 luxury vehicles sold, up 1.9% compared to November 2016. The luxury brand has also already surpassed its annual sales record, with year-to-date sales of 23,210 units, up 11.8% compared to last year.
Additional November Sales Highlights
- Toyota Camry sales of 1,425 units, up 72.5%
- TCI truck sales of 9,401 units, up 5.9% (new November record)
- Lexus RX sales of 751 units, up 15.2% (new November record)
- Toyota Sienna sales of 1,184 units, up 25.8%
- Toyota Highlander sales of 1,192 units, up 11.3% (new November record)
- Toyota RAV4 sales of 3,843 units, up 5.6% (new November record)
Please click here for full TCI November sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Toyota has sold over 5 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 287 Toyota and Lexus dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than seven million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid.