- Toyota also a repeat winner for best hybrid fleet brand in Canada
- Eight Toyota vehicles win Vincentric fleet awards for value in their respective segments
TORONTO, ON., (July 7, 2014) – For the third consecutive year, Toyota has been chosen by Vincentric as Canada’s automotive brand with the passenger car fleet that delivers the best value.
In addition, Toyota has repeated as number one in the hybrid fleet category, while Toyota vehicles in eight individual segments also won Vincentric awards for value. No manufacturer had more individual winners than Toyota.
The winning Toyota vehicles include:
- Toyota Yaris CE – Subcompact (first-time winner)
- Toyota Prius c – Compact, Hybrid (Prius a winner for second straight year)
- Toyota Camry LE – Mid-Size Sedan (two-time winner)
- Toyota Camry Hybrid LE – Mid-Size Sedan, Hybrid (second straight year)
- Toyota RAV4 LE – Mid-Level Compact Crossover (two-time winner)
- Toyota Highlander Hybrid LE – Crossover, Hybrid (second straight year)
- Toyota Sequoia SR5– Large SUV (two-time winner)
- Toyota Tacoma 4x2 – Compact Pickup (first-time winner)
“For the past three years, Vincentric has been recognizing the vehicles in Canada that deliver the best fleet value to Canadians, and we are very proud that each time, Toyota has been chosen as the top passenger fleet brand and has earned the best hybrid fleet brand for two of those years,” said Larry Hutchinson, Vice President, Sales, Toyota Canada Inc. “These honours reflect how quality, reliability and durability continue year after year to represent core strengths of our vehicles.”
To determine the 2014 Vincentric Best Fleet Value in Canada awards, Vincentric analyzed over 1,900 vehicle configurations in 24 different lifecycle cost scenarios, using eight cost factors including depreciation, fees and taxes, financing, fuel, insurance, maintenance, opportunity cost, and repairs. The lifecycle costs were measured in all ten provinces, with the resulting 3,640,000+ lifecycle cost measurements then reviewed to determine the winning vehicles.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Incorporated in 1964, Toyota has sold more than 4 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 285 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada which build popular Canadian vehicles Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Toyota Matrix, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid. Toyota Motor Manufacturing Cambridge (TMMC) also manufactures the Toyota RAV4 EV for the North American market. TMMC is the only Toyota manufacturer in North America to assemble both hybrid and electric vehicles.