(TORONTO) – Busy Canadian families demand a versatile and safe vehicle, and the third generation Sienna offers all this and more, with performance, handling and road manners that are inspired by the best family sedan, plus the modern flexibility and functionality that today’s families demand.
“The 2012 Sienna is available in eight models, with a choice of engines, drive trains, and trim levels. Each model comes loaded with standard features including the Star Safety System, which makes life easier for busy Canadians.” said Tony Wearing, Senior Managing Director, Toyota Canada Inc.
Power and performance
The 2012 Toyota Sienna is all about personal choice – and that choice starts with engines.
When efficiency is paramount, the Sienna LE is available with a powerful yet efficient 2.7 litre four-cylinder engine. The Sienna is also capable of producing 187 peak horsepower and up to 186 lb-ft of torque. It also delivers best-in-class fuel economy, thanks to features like Dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (Dual VVT-i), electronic fuel injection, a variable length intake manifold, a three-stage variable oil pump, and more. The Sienna LE with 2.7 L four-cylinder achieves a class-leading combined city/highway fuel efficiency of just 9.1 L / 100 KM.
Most Sienna models are fitted with a 3.5 litre V6 that delivers class-leading power: up to 266 horsepower and 245 lb-ft of torque. Designed to minimize weight, noise and vibration, the Sienna’s V6 is outfitted with advanced engine technology including Dual VVT-i and an acoustic control induction system to deliver greater fuel efficiency and reduced emissions. It also gives Sienna owners the option to tow up to 1,586 KG (3,500 lbs), as all V6 models are standard equipped with a Tow Package that includes an engine oil cooler, heavy duty radiator, and other upgrades. Front-wheel-drive Sienna V6 models deliver a combined city/highway fuel efficiency of 9.8 L / 100 KM, while all-wheel-drive Sienna V6 editions are rated at 10.6 L / 100 KM combined.
Regardless of engine, all Sienna models feature a six-speed super electronically controlled transmission (ECT-i) with sequential shift, gated shifter, lock up torque converter and transmission cooler, for smooth shifts, better performance, and maximum fuel efficiency.
And to put drivers in command of their fuel costs, every Sienna is standard equipped with an Eco Driving indicator that provides a real-time assessment of driving efficiency.
Handling and Control
All 2012 Sienna models benefit from responsive, lightweight, efficient electric power steering for precise turns, ease of control, and reduced maintenance. And getting into parking spaces is made easier with a nimble, 11.3 m turning diameter.
Two Sienna V6 models offer the additional confidence of all wheel drive – the only vehicles in the minivan segment to do so. An active torque control system means under normal conditions, the Sienna functions like a front wheel drive vehicle to maximize fuel economy. The AWD system uses information sent from various sensors to automatically and seamlessly distribute some power to the rear wheels as well to provide consistent, confident and stable performance. All wheel drive models are fitted with all-season run-flat tires.
The ride is comfortable yet responsive, thanks to Sienna’s independent front suspension with Macpherson gas struts and stabilizer bar, and torsion beam rear suspension. All models feature gas shock absorbers and coil springs front and back.
The Sienna delivers peace of mind, with a well-integrated combination of active and passive safety systems. Every 2012 Toyota Sienna is engineered to help prevent accidents, and to protect driver and passengers if an incident occurs:
- All 2012 Sienna minivans are standard equipped with the Toyota Star Safety System, a suite of six active safety technologies designed to protect occupants by helping drivers avoid accidents in the first place. The Toyota Star Safety System includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Antilock Braking System with electronic brakeforce distribution and brake assist enhancements, plus Smart Stop Technology;
- The Sienna surrounds driver and six or seven passengers in a suite of seven airbags, including dual-stage driver and passenger airbags, driver knee airbag, front seat mounted side airbags, and side curtain airbags that run the length of the cabin;
- A carefully engineered body structure that helps channel impact forces away from occupants and protect pedestrians in the event of an accident;
- Power-assisted front ventilated disc brakes and solid rear disc brakes;
- Anchor points for child-restraint seats in the second and third rows;
- Available safety features include a back-up camera and front and rear clearance and backup sonar systems;
- A direct tire pressure monitoring system.
Comfort, function and versatility: Add it up and the answer is “Sienna” – the generously-equipped minivan. Every model includes:
- Climate control systems featuring dust, pollen and odour filters and rear seat heater ducts;
- Adjustable, comfortable captain’s seats for the driver, front passenger, and second row outboard passengers, plus one-touch folding 60/40 split
- A tilting and telescoping steering column;
- Eco driving indicator, dual trip odometer, tachometer;
- Power door locks with keyless entry and key remind warning;
- Power windows with auto up/down function on all windows and rear privacy glass;
- Cruise control;
- Retained accessory power;
- Front and rear cup holders, driver’s coin case compartment, locking glove box, and coat hooks;
- Engine immobilizer;
- Aluminum alloy wheels with wheel locks;
- Dual power adjustable and heated exterior mirrors;
- Roof rails and a rear spoiler;
- Projector-style halogen headlamps;
- Intermittent wipers with windshield wiper de-icer and a rear window wiper/washer.
Pricing and availability
The 2012 Toyota Sienna is now on sale at Canadian Toyota Dealers, with manufacturer’s suggested retail prices as follows: Sienna LE starting at $28,120 Sienna V6 starting at $29,120; Sienna LE V6 starting at $32,720; Sienna SE starting at $36,825; Sienna XLE starting at $39,150; Sienna LE AWD starting at $35,545; Sienna XLE AWD starting at $40,835; and Sienna LE MOBILITY starting at $32,655.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks. Toyota is the first full-line manufacturer to make all of the elements of the Star Safety System standard on every 2011 vehicle. The Star Safety System includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST). TCI’s head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.