(TORONTO) – All-new models, new generations of popular vehicles, and models with new power-train configurations that deliver more power while using less fuel. Canadians asked for these over the past 12 months, and Toyota Canada has met their demands – driving Toyota and Lexus sales to new records in November.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) sold 16,112 Toyota and Lexus cars, SUVs and trucks in November 2009 – up 26% from November 2008 to set a best ever November record.
- Toyota sold 14,829 vehicles (up 27.4% to set a new November record). These included 8,810 cars (up 13.9%) and 6,019 trucks (up 54.1% for a new November record).
- Lexus sold 1,283 luxury vehicles (up 11.4% to set a new best-ever November). These included 769 luxury SUVs (up 31.5% to set a new November record) and 514 luxury sedans (down 9.3%).
- TCI sold 843 Lexus and Toyota hybrid vehicles (up 22%).
Highlights for Toyota in November 2009 (versus November 2008):
- The all-new, third-generation 2010 Toyota Prius enjoyed a fifth-straight month of record sales, with a best ever November at 429 models sold (up 156.9%).
- One of Canada’s most popular cars, the built-in-Canada Toyota Corolla, set a new November record with 3,780 models sold (up 17.1%). It’s the second straight month the Corolla has set a new monthly record.
- Stylish, versatile, and built in Canada, the Toyota Matrix, established back to back monthly records with 1,898 models sold (up 31.8%) for its best-ever November.
- Another made-in-Canada success, the Toyota RAV4 continues its record-breaking sales streak, with best ever November sales of 2,106 models (up 30.5%). The RAV4 has set new monthly records each month this year.
- The Toyota Venza continues to grow in popularity with Canadian drivers. Sales of 1,512 set a new, best-month-ever record for this unique and versatile Toyota. Venza has now achieved seven straight months of sales increases.
- Toyota pick-up truck sales were strong in November, with Tundra sales of 655 (up 51.3%) and Tacoma sales of 740 (up 7.1%).
“Our most popular models have all set new, best-ever November records – which tells us that we’re delivering the vehicles that Canadians want,” explained Warren Orton, Director at TCI. “Toyota is answering the needs of Canadians with the introduction of new models, new generations and engine and transmission upgrades that to create the perfect vehicle that readily adjusts to their changing needs of lifestyles.”
Highlights for Lexus in November 2009 (versus November 2008):
- Canadians took the keys for 669 Lexus RX 350 models in November (up 58.2%) to set a best-ever November record for this Canadian-built model. The RX series has set new monthly records each month since February 2009.
“Canadian luxury drivers have told us they demand advanced performance, intuitive design and attention to quality and detail that makes them feel like an honoured guest in our home. And only Lexus can deliver that,” said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Lexus in Canada. “It’s no wonder that drivers looking for a special luxury vehicle continue to favour the Canadian-built Lexus RX 350.”