TORONTO, ON., (April 1, 2015) – Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) sold 16,805 vehicles in March, bringing the total for the first quarter of the year to 41,329, an increase of 6.6% versus 2014.
With the best March ever for sales of Lexus luxury vehicles in Canada of 1,802 units, up 13%, Lexus has now recorded six consecutive monthly sales records. The all-new Lexus NX had its best month since coming to market in Canada with 444 sold, helping Lexus achieve its all-time best month of truck sales at 1,140, up 40.7%.
March was the third straight month TCI truck sales established a record. Total truck sales of 9,407 units, up 10.5% versus 2014 included a March record for Toyota truck sales of 8,267, up 7.4%.
Toyota (including Scion) sales highlights for March 2015 (vs. 2014)
- Toyota sales: 15,003 (down 5.1%)
- Passenger car sales: 6,736
- Camry sales: 1,211
- Yaris sales: 686
- Scion FR-S sales: 121 (up 15.2%)
- Scion tC sales: 115 (up 32.2%)
- Scion xB sales: 98 (up 96%)
- Truck sales: 8,267 (up 7.4%) :: new March record :: third straight monthly record
- RAV4 sales: 3,422 (up 33.6%)
- Sienna sales: 1,099 (up 18.9%)
- 4Runner sales: 461 (up 32.5%)
- Toyota hybrid sales: 779
- Prius family sales: 455
Lexus sales highlights for March 2015 (vs. 2014)
- Lexus sales: 1,802 (up 13%) :: new March record :: sixth straight month of record sales
- Luxury car sales: 662
- IS sales: 307
- ES sales: 191
- RC sales: 46
- GS sales: 38 (up 5.6%)
- Luxury SUV sales: 1,140 (up 40.7%) :: best month ever :: third straight month of record sales
- RX sales: 587
- NX sales: 444
- GX sales: 73 (up 55.3%)
- LX sales: 36
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. March sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Celebrating its 50th anniversary in Canada, Toyota has sold over 4.6 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 285 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada which build popular Canadian vehicles: Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid and just celebrated production of its 6 millionth vehicle.