- March TCI sales up 13.6% compared to last year
- March record for Toyota hybrid sales
- Eighteenth straight monthly record for Lexus sales and fifteenth straight for TCI truck sales
TORONTO, ON., April 1, 2016 – Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) sold 19,097 Toyota, Scion and Lexus vehicles in March, up 13.6% compared to 2015. For the first quarter of the year, the total of 45,426 units sold was up 9.9% compared to 2015.
The Toyota and Scion division recorded March sales of 17,264 units, up 15.1% compared to 2015.
For the eighteenth straight month, the Lexus division established a monthly sales record, with 1,833 luxury cars and SUVs sold, up 1.7% compared to last year.
TCI (Toyota and Lexus) car sales were up 11.6% compared to last year, with 8,259 units sold, including the best month ever for the Scion iM at 626 units sold.
For truck sales, TCI established a monthly record for the fifteenth straight month. The total of 10,838 was up 15.2% compared to 2015. There were March sales records for the following models:
- Toyota Tacoma 4X4, with 1,053 units sold, up 32.6% and the fifth straight monthly record;
- Toyota Highlander, with 1,210 units sold, up 44.7% and the third straight monthly record;
- Toyota RAV4, with 3,970 units sold, up 16% and the second straight monthly record;
- Lexus NX, with 519 units sold, up 16.9% and the second straight monthly record; and,
- Lexus LX, with 52 sold, up 44.4%.
Also of note, March sales of TCI hybrid vehicles were up 85.2% compared to last year, with 1,741 units sold. That included a new March record for Toyota brand hybrid sales at 1,560 units, up 100.3%, led by the all-new Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, at 505 units sold.
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. March sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Toyota has sold over 4.6 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 285 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than six million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid.