- Best year ever for TCI truck sales
- Fourteenth straight monthly record for Lexus sales
- Best November ever for Scion sales
TORONTO, ON., December 1, 2015 – Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) sold 15,830 vehicles in November, up 5.8% compared to last year. With sales of 10,147 trucks, up 33.8% compared to last year, it was the best November ever for TCI truck sales, the eleventh straight monthly record. With sales of 107,650 year-to-date, TCI has set an annual sales record for trucks with December still to come.
At a divisional level, Toyota and Scion reported November sales of 14,016 units, up 3.4% compared to last year. That included the best November ever for Scion sales, with 439 units sold, up 126.3% compared to last year. For Lexus, it was a fourteenth consecutive monthly record with sales of 1,814 luxury cars and SUVs, up 29.4% compared to last year. A new annual sales record had already been established in October. That record total grew to 20,359 as of the end of November.
Among the highlights for specific vehicle models, November sales of the Canadian-made RAV4 were 3,722 units, up 22.4% compared to last year. A new annual record has been established with 39,297 RAV4s sold year-to-date, with December still to come. Similarly, Tacoma 4X4 sales of 1,183 in November – up 58.4% compared to last year – have led to an annual record of 10,305 units sold with one month remaining.
Toyota (including Scion) sales highlights for November 2015 (vs. 2014)
- Toyota sales: 14,016
- Passenger car sales: 5,210
- Corolla sales: 2,710
- Camry sales: 954
- Yaris sales: 648 (up 14.9%)
- Scion iM sales: 235
- Scion tC sales: 79 (up 6.8%)
- Scion FR-S sales: 69 (up 9.5%)
- Scion xB sales: 38 (up 8.6%)
- Truck sales: 8,806 (up 29.1%) :: new November record :: eleventh straight monthly record :: 94,640 year to date is new annual record
- RAV4 sales: 3,722 (up 22.4%) :: new November record :: second straight monthly record :: 39,297 year to date is new annual record
- Tacoma 4X4 sales: 1,183 (up 58.4%) :: new November record :: 10,305 year to date is new annual record
- Sienna sales: 1,037 (up 53.4%)
- Highlander sales: 997 (up 24%)
- Tundra sales: 858 (up 31.4%)
- 4Runner sales: 505 (up 62.9%)
- Toyota hybrid sales: 738
- Prius family sales: 428
- Prius v sales: 177 (up 25.5%)
- Prius c sales: 125 :: 2,951 year to date is new annual record
Lexus sales highlights for November 2015 (vs. 2014)
- Lexus sales: 1,814 (up 29.4%) :: new November record :: fourteenth straight monthly record :: 20,359 year to date is new annual record
- Luxury car sales: 473
- IS sales: 215
- ES sales: 146
- CT sales: 61
- RC sales: 26
- Luxury SUV sales: 1,341 (up 76%) :: new November record :: Eleventh straight monthly record :: 13,010 year to date is new annual record
- RX sales: 671
- NX sales: 520
- LX sales: 93 (up 151.4%) :: new November record
- GX sales: 57 (up 9.6%)
- Lexus hybrid sales: 162 (up 1.3%)
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. November sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Toyota has sold over 4.6 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 285 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than six million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid.