- Best May ever for Toyota trucks and all-new 2013 RAV4
- Scion sales up 62.9% for best May
- Lexus sales up 11.9%
TORONTO, ON., (June 3, 2013) – Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) sold 22,250 vehicles in May, up 12.3% versus 2012. This represents the second consecutive month of sales exceeding 20,000 units and the highest single month of sales since August of 2008.
Toyota division sales of 20,083 were led by a record May for truck sales at 8,550 units and the all-new RAV4, with 3,442 sold, up 28.1% versus last May. Lexus sales grew by 11.9%, while Scion had a 62.9% increase for its best-ever May.
Toyota sales highlights for May 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Toyota sales: 20,083 (up 11.3%)
- Toyota passenger car sales: 11,533 (up 9.2%)
- Avalon sales: 145 (up 271.8%)
- Camry & Camry Hybrid sales: 2,416 (up 21.3%)
- Corolla sales: 5,497 (up 19.7%)
- Prius c sales: 396 (up 8.5%) :: new May record
- Toyota truck sales: 8,550 (up 14.2%) :: new May record
- Highlander sales: 672 (up 58.1%)
- Sequoia sales: 72 (up 9.1%)
- RAV4 sales: 3,442 (up 28.1%) :: new May record
- Tacoma 4X4 sales: 1,002 (up 13.6%)
- Tacoma 4X2 sales: 47 (up 27%)
- Tundra 4X4 sales: 602 (up 13.6%)
- Tundra 4X2 sales: 24 (up 84.6%)
“We’re proud of the growth and to deliver value to Canadians with great products that meet their diverse needs,” said Larry Hutchinson, Managing Director, Toyota Canada Inc.
Lexus sales highlights for May 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Lexus sales: 1,566 (up 11.9%)
- Lexus luxury car sales: 721 (up 5.9%)
- ES sales: 290 (up 56.8%)
- LS sales: 37 (up 428.6%)
- Lexus luxury SUV sales: 845 (up 17.7%)
- GX sales: 38 (up 46.2%)
- LX sales: 33 (up 3.1%)
- RX sales: 713 (up 21.5%)
“May was another great month for Lexus, with more and more Canadians enjoying the exceptional design and engineering we deliver in all our Lexus vehicles,” said Cyril Dimitris, Director, Lexus Canada.
Scion sales highlights for May 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Scion sales: 601 (up 62.9%) :: new May record
- FR-S sales: 245
- xD sales: 54 (up 25.6%)
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. May 2013 sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks. Toyota is the first full-line manufacturer to make all of the elements of the Star Safety System standard on every vehicle starting in 2011. The Star Safety System includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST). TCI’s head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.