- Best Ever Lexus RX Sales
- Sixth consecutive monthly record for truck sales
- Fourth straight monthly record for Toyota RAV4
TORONTO, ON., (November 3, 2014) – For the sixth consecutive time, Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) has set a monthly record for truck sales. In October, there were 9,472 Toyota and Lexus trucks sold, surpassing the previous record set last year.
Overall, TCI sold 17,977 vehicles in October. That’s up 2.2% versus 2013 and is the second-best October ever. In addition, TCI hybrid sales increased by 2.2% to 1,160. It was also an all-time best October for Lexus with 1,764 luxury vehicles sold, up 9.6% over last year.
Toyota sales highlights for October 2014 (vs. 2013)
- Toyota sales: 15,919 (up 2.1%) :: second-best October sales
- Passenger car sales: 7,440
- Prius c sales: 256 (up 8.9%) :: new October record
- Yaris sales: 804 (up 15%)
- Prius sales: 169 (up 18.2%)
- Truck sales: 8,479 (up 8.5%) :: new October record :: sixth straight month of record sales
- RAV4 sales: 3,791 (up 24.3%) :: new October record :: fourth straight monthly record
- Highlander Hybrid sales: 155 (up 70.3%) :: new October record
- Sienna sales: 970 (up 3.3%)
- Tacoma sales: 929 (up 2%)
- 4Runner sales: 408 (up 13.3%)
Lexus sales highlights for October 2014 (vs. 2013)
- Lexus sales: 1,764 (up 9.6%) :: new October record
- Luxury car sales: 771
- IS sales: 360 (up 2.3%) :: new October record :: second straight monthly record
- ES sales: 222 (up 20%)
- Luxury SUV sales: 993 (up 19.1%)
- RX sales: 812 (up 13.4%) :: new October record
Scion sales highlights for October 2014 (versus 2013)
- Scion sales: 294
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. October sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Celebrating its 50th anniversary in Canada, Toyota has sold over 4.6 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 285 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada which build popular Canadian vehicles: Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid and just celebrated production of its 6 millionth vehicle.