September 5, 2007(TORONTO) - The 2008 Toyota Solara: Breathtaking style, performance and refinement - Toyota Canada today introduced the 2008 Toyota Solara in well-equipped coupe and convertible models, giving Canadians two stylish options for safe and sporty two-door driving performance.
"Drivers looking for a great combination of quality and fun can end their search by sliding behind the wheel of a stylish and sporty Toyota Solara," said Tony Wearing, Managing Director of Toyota Canada Inc. "For the 2008 model year, Toyota Canada is delivering a full-featured and powerful Solara in two models - coupe and convertible. Regardless of one's preference, the 2008 Solara is a perfect blend of breathtaking style, performance and refinement."
For 2008, the Toyota Solara comes in two trim levels: The Solara Coupe SLE V6 and the Solara SLE V6 Convertible. Both highlight the Solara style that makes this coupe stand out from the crowd, updated for 2008 with several style and performance enhancements that make the Solara as distinctive at the curb as it is in motion.
All models are generously appointed with comfort, convenience, safety and stylistic features. These include:
- Premium JBL Audio system featuring AM/FM stereo/Compact Disc player with MP3/WMA player, In-dash six-CD changer, audio auxiliary input jack, auto sound levelizer (ASL) technology, Bluetooth capability, and steering wheel audio controls;
- Climate control system featuring air conditioning, front auto climate control, soft-touch heater controls, cabin air filter and rear seat heater ducts;
- Leather seats, including six-way adjustable driver's seat and heated front occupant seats;
- Tilting/telescoping steering column;
- Power auto door locks with keyless entry; shifter activation and key lockout protection;
- Optitron gauges, a multi-information display, digital compass, tachometer, water temperature gauge, outside temperature gauge and dual trip odometer;
- Electrochromic rear view mirror and dual illuminated vanity mirrors;
- Dual heated power remote exterior mirrors;
- Power windows with window jam protection;
- Luxurious interior accents, including leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, chrome inner door handles, and illuminated entry with fadeout;
- Sporty exterior details, including colour-matched bumpers, mirrors, door handles and rear spoiler and a chrome tail pipe;
- Cruise control;
- Integrated garage door opener;
- Flexible storage, including lidded console box, map pockets, front seat back pockets, and cargo net.
The Solara convertible seats four, and marries many of the same style and convenience features available on the coupe with a power retractable roof to redefine summer fun.
The 2008 Toyota Solara is on sale in Canada now. The Solara Coupe SLE V6 carries a manufacturer's suggested retail price starting at $36,975, while the suggested price for the Solara SLE V6 Convertible starts at $39,900.