(TORONTO) – The 2011 Toyota Venza – a convergence of artful design and intelligent engineering – is innovative, versatile, powerful, efficient and available in choices that make it the right vehicle for the 21st century Canadian driver.
“The Toyota Venza defies convention – delivering the drivability and ride comfort of a premium sedan plus the SUV-like versatility that modern life demands,” said Warren Orton, Director at Toyota Canada Inc. “With a choice of four-cylinder or V6 power, plus front or all-wheel-drive and a selection of available options packages, there’s a Venza for every Canadian seeking an innovative automotive experience.”
Highlights for 2011
- All models enjoy a revised rear headrest shape for improved comfort;
- A Touring Package – previously only available on all-wheel-drive V6 models – may now be ordered for the four-cylinder Venza AWD. This adds a power rear door with jam protection, a back-up camera, a panoramic glass roof, upgraded seats, new styling accents inside and out, and more.
Power and performance
Match the power to your needs, because the Toyota Venza is all about flexibility.
- The Venza is available in four models – the four-cylinder front wheel drive Venza, four cylinder Venza AWD, plus the front wheel drive Venza V6 and the Venza V6 AWD.
- Four-cylinder models are surprisingly powerful and efficient thanks to a large 2.7L engine that generates 182 peak horsepower and up to 182 lb-ft of torque. For added performance, the Venza is also offered with a 3.5L V6 that delivers 268 peak horsepower and up to 246 lb-ft of torque.
- Toyota engineering maximizes power and efficiency in both engines, with numerous systems including Dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (Dual VVT-I and Sequential Multiport Electronic Fuel Injection. In addition, heavy duty batteries, starters, heaters and alternators make the Venza a dependable performer in Canadian winters. Both engines perform to the Tier 2 Bin 5 emissions rating.
- Every Venza model is fitted with a six-speed automatic Super Electronically Controlled Transmission (Super ECT) with overdrive, sequential shift mode, gate type shifter, lock-up torque converter and transmission cooler – delivering smooth, confident, highly responsive shifts. Four-cylinder Venza models achieve a combined city/highway fuel efficiency of 8.5 L per 100 KM (8.8 L per 100 KM for the Venza AWD). Models equipped with the V6 are rated at 9. 5 L per 100 KM (9.9 L per 100 KM for the Venza V6 AWD).
Performance and handling
All Venza models feature highly responsive electric power steering and a sophisticated suspension system that delivers sedan-like comfort with SUV capability. Front and rear suspensions feature Macpherson gas struts, coil springs, stabilizer bars and a specially designed anti-vibration subframe.
From its impact absorbing structure to advanced active and passive safety systems, every Venza is engineered to help prevent accidents, and to protect and offer peace of mind to driver and passengers:
- As a 2011 model, all Venzas are standard equipped with the Toyota Star Safety System, which include Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Antilock Braking System with electronic brakeforce distribution and brake assist enhancements, plus Toyota’s Smart Stop Technology. All models also feature Hill Start Assist Control (HAC) to help prevent the vehicle from rolling back when starting on an incline;
- All wheel drive models also feature the Toyota Active Torque Control system to adjust power to the front or rear wheels for maximum adhesion and control;
- Power assisted brakes feature ventilated discs up front and solid discs on the rear;
- Seven airbags (dual-stage driver and front passenger air bags, driver knee airbag, front seat mounted side airbags, and front and rear head/side curtain airbags).
- Active front headrests with whiplash protection, all-position three point lap and shoulder belts, pretensioners, force limiters and anchor height adjusters for the front seatbelts.
- Anchor points for child-restraint seats and child protector rear door locks.
- Other safety systems include: Projector-style halogen headlamps, the Toyota Automatic Headlamp System, Fog Lamps, variable-speed wipers, a rear window wiper/washer, and wiper de-icers, and a fast-acting, high visibility, long-life LED stoplamp mounted in the rear spoiler.
The 2011 Toyota Venza comes with a highly flexible interior design and plenty of standard features to suit any task – making it a stand-out choice for active, modern lifestyles. These features include:
- Dual zone automatic climate control with a dust/pollen/odour filter and rear seat heater ducts;
- Front-row captain’s seats including eight-way power adjustable driver’s seat;
- A 60/40 fold-down rear seat with fold-down centre armrest and remote release in the cargo area;
- Innovative instrumentation design includes Optitron Instrumentation Gauges, a multi-information display, trip computer, tachometer, outside temperature gauge, cruise control and more;
- A six-speaker audio system features a CD player with MP3/WMA capability, USB and auxiliary input jacks for portable music players, Bluetooth capability, integrated XM Satellite Radio functionality, and steering wheel-mounted audio controls;
- The three-spoke steering wheel is mounted in a tilting/telescoping column;
- Auto-dimming rear view mirror with integrated compass, plus dual illuminated vanity mirrors;
- Power windows feature auto up/down function on all windows and rear privacy glass;
- Power door locks plus a power assisted rear door closer;
- Three 12-volt auxiliary power outlets;
- Plenty of thoughtful in-cabin storage, including: Front centre console box, front seat back pockets, overhead sunglass storage, front and rear cup holders, cargo area tie-down rings, door map pockets, coat hooks, and a cargo net, plus up to 70 cubic feet of cargo space with the second row seats folded;
- A modern, comfortable interior featuring: premium fabric seat surfaces, carbon-fibre style trim, aluminum accents in the front doorsill trim, chrome inner door handles, map lamps, an illuminated ignition key, integrated garage door opener and more;
- A distinctive, premium exterior, featuring: 19” (4-cylinder) or 20” (V6) aluminum alloy wheels, dual power adjustable heated mirrors, front and rear splash guards, chrome exhaust tips, spoiler, dual exhaust (V6 models) and more.
Flexibility in upgrade packages
Any 2011 Toyota Venza may be ordered with a Leather Package. This adds leather seat surfaces and heated front seats with high/low settings. In addition, specific models may be fitted with a choice of options packages as described below.
All models except the four cylinder front wheel drive Venza may also be ordered with a Premium Package. This builds on the Leather Package by adding: a power rear door with jam protection, a multi-information display with Toyota customizable features, a stand-alone back-up camera, a panoramic glass roof and an anti-theft system.
Venza AWD and Venza V6 AWD
The Touring Package – previously only available on the Venza V6 AWD – is now also available for the four-cylinder Venza AWD. It builds on the Premium Package with: a four-way power adjustable front passenger seat, the Toyota smart key system with push button start, touch sensor lock/unlock on the driver door handle, chrome accented exterior door handles, satin mahogany woodgrain style interior trim, a leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, simulated leather interior door trim and auto levelling headlamps with Toyota’s automatic high beam feature.
Venza V6 AWD
For the ultimate Venza, the Venza V6 AWD may be fitted with the Navigation & JBL Package. This builds on the Touring Package by adding: a 13-speaker JBL Synthesis audio system with four-disc CD changer, a DVD-based navigation system with back-up camera in the larger navigation display and XM Real Time Traffic capability.
Pricing and availability
The 2011 Toyota Venza is now on sale across Canada, with manufacturer’s suggested retail prices as follows: The 4-cylinder front wheel drive Toyota Venza starts at $29,310, the four-cylinder Toyota Venza AWD starts at $30,760, the front wheel drive Toyota Venza V6 starts at $30,800 and the Toyota Venza V6 AWD starts at $32,250.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks, and Toyota Industrial Equipment. TCI’s head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.
For more details, including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details please visit na1.ipressroom.com.