(TORONTO) – Canadians looking for innovative vehicles that adjust to ever-changing lifestyles continued to turn to Toyota and Lexus last month, leading to best ever September sales records for several models.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) sold 17,569 Toyota and Lexus cars, SUVs and trucks in September (down 9.4% from September 2008).
- Toyota sales of 16,065 (down 11.1%) included a new best ever September for Toyota Trucks, at 5,626 (up 16.4%).
- Lexus sold 1,504 luxury models (up 11.3%) to establish its best September on record. This included a best ever September for Lexus luxury SUVs, at 897 (up 31.3%).
Highlights for Toyota in September 2009 (versus September 2008):
- The all-new, third-generation 2010 Toyota Prius enjoyed a third-straight month of record sales, with a best September at 531 models sold (up 63.4%).
- Fun, functional and built in Canada, the Toyota RAV4 continues to attract new drivers 1,881 RAV4 compact SUVs for a best ever September (up 1.1%). The RAV4 has set new monthly records each month since January 2009.
- Sales of 1,355 Toyota Venza models powered this unique North American designed and built vehicle to its best-ever month, for the second straight month. It’s also the third time the Venza has broken the 1,000 monthly sales mark since the model went on sale in January.
- The Canadian-built Toyota Matrix set a best ever September record with sales of 2,237 models (up 19.9%).
“Our Canadian customers have told us when they’re looking for a fuel efficient and versatile vehicle, they turn to the Toyota Venza, Matrix, RAV4 and Prius,” said Warren Orton, Director at TCI. “They are all fuel efficient and innovative vehicles that readily adjust to the changing needs of Canadian lifestyles.”
Highlights for Lexus in September 2009 (versus September 2008):
- Best September ever for the Canadian-built Lexus RX 350, with 750 models sold (up 49.7%). The RX series has enjoyed its eighth-straight record month since February 2009.
“Canadian drivers looking for a luxury vehicle with advanced performance, intuitive design and with ample comfort, convenience and versatility continue to confidently choose the Canadian-built Lexus RX 350,” said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Lexus in Canada. “Our proud manufacturing facility team members in Cambridge, Ontario continue to deliver remarkable RX 350 models of the highest quality to Lexus RX 350 owners from coast to coast.”