- Second consecutive best-ever month for Toyota RAV4
- Fifth consecutive monthly record for TCI truck sales
- Lexus surpasses milestone of 200,000th vehicle sold in Canada
TORONTO, ON., (October 1, 2014) – Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) sold 18,335 vehicles in September, up 6.2% versus 2013.
It was an all-time best September for TCI truck sales, with 9,478 sold, an increase of 22.2% over last year, and a fifth straight monthly record. Leading the way was the Canadian-made Toyota RAV4 with a best-ever month. At 4,328, it is the first time RAV4 sales have exceeded the 4,000 mark in one month.
It was also a momentous month in Lexus Canada’s history selling its 200,000th vehicle.
Toyota sales highlights for September 2014 (vs. 2013)
- Toyota sales: 16,475 (up 7.7%)
- Passenger car sales: 7,730
- Yaris sales: 791 (up 59.8%)
- Prius v sales: 233 (up 1.7%)
- Avalon sales: 86 (up 65.4%)
- Truck sales: 8,745 (up 25.6%) :: new September record :: fifth straight month of record sales
- RAV4 sales: 4,328 (up 56.5%) :: best month ever
- Sienna sales: 1,049 (up 19.5%)
- Highlander sales: 685 (up 23.4%)
- Venza sales: 650 (up 6.2%)
- 4Runner sales: 362 (up 24.4%)
Lexus sales highlights for September 2014 (vs. 2013)
- Lexus sales: 1,501
- Luxury car sales: 768
- IS sales: 390 (up 20.7%) :: new September record
- Luxury SUV sales: 733
- GX sales: 48 (up 152.6%)
Scion sales highlights for September 2014 (versus 2013)
- Scion sales: 359
- FR-S sales: 149 (up 44.7%) :: new September record
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. September sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Celebrating its 50th anniversary in Canada, Toyota has sold over 4.6 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 285 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada which build popular Canadian vehicles: Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid and just celebrated production of its 6 millionth vehicle.