The all-new, Canadian-built RAV4 delivers fun, comfort, style, versatility and performance, at a new, lower starting MSRP.
(TORONTO, ON – January 17, 2013) Canadian drivers love the Toyota RAV4’s winning combination of fun-to-drive spirit, versatility and efficiency. Now they can get more of what they love as the RAV4 is poised to reinvent the category it helped create, with inspired styling and performance designed to help Canadians enjoy more time at play. The next-generation RAV4 features a new transmission, available dynamic torque control, and other upgrades to improve performance and handling, more cargo capacity, a premium interior, and more.
“With the new RAV4, Toyota is moving from being a driver’s logical choice, to being the inspired choice – combining Toyota’s traditional core strength in building vehicles that are dependable, long-lasting and hard-working with a new emphasis on design and performance that delights the senses,” noted Larry Hutchinson, Managing Director at Toyota Canada. “With the new RAV4 – the next generation of our most popular SUV – we are ready to win the hearts and minds of even more Canadians in 2013, and give drivers even more reasons to love their Toyota.”
The 2013 RAV4 is generously equipped for fun, comfort, style, versatility and performance:
- Powerful yet efficient 176 HP 2.5L 4-cylinder engine / New six-speed auto transmission with sequential shift mode / Sport, ECO and normal drive modes.
- Choice of front-wheel-drive or all-wheel-drive system.
- All-Wheel Drive models are the first Toyotas equipped with Dynamic Torque Control, which enhances performance, fuel efficiency and driver control.
- With rear seats folded down, enjoy an increased cargo space of 2078L.
- New lift-back rear door / Lower loading height.
- New audio system with available on-screen easy-to-use Display Audio.
- Class-leading eight airbags and all of the features of the Toyota Star Safety System.
- Available technology includes: Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Lane Departure Alert, Blind Spot Monitor, Automatic High Beam System, Back-up Camera.
The 2013 RAV4 is available in five models:
- RAV4 FWD LE (Starting MSRP: $23,790)
- RAV4 FWD XLE (Starting MSRP: $27,000)
- RAV4 AWD LE (Starting MSRP: $25,990)
- RAV4 AWD XLE (Starting MSRP: $29,200)
- RAV4 AWD Limited (Starting MSRP: $31,700)
The 2013 Toyota RAV4 goes on sale at Toyota Dealers across Canada this February. For more information on features and specifications, visit www.toyota.ca/rav4.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks. Toyota is the first full-line manufacturer to make all of the elements of the Star Safety System standard on every vehicle starting in 2011. The Star Safety System includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST). TCI’s head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.