- July records for sales of Toyota RAV4, Tundra 4X4, Highlander
- Overall TCI sales up 1.7%
TORONTO, ON., (August 1, 2014) – Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) established its third consecutive monthly record for truck sales, with 8,785 units sold in July, surpassing the previous record of 8,223 set last year.
Leading the way were the Toyota RAV4, Tundra 4X4, and Highlander, which all recorded new July records. It was also a best-ever July for Lexus hybrid sales.
Overall, Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) sold 18,039 vehicles in July, up 1.7% versus last year.
Toyota sales highlights for July 2014 (vs. 2013)
- Toyota sales: 16,233 (up 3.3%)
- Passenger car sales: 8,156
- Corolla sales: 4,401 (up 17.8%)
- Camry sales (gas and hybrid combined): 1,441 (up 2.9%)
- Avalon sales: 87 (up 2.4%)
- Truck sales: 8,077 (up 7.4%) :: new July record :: third straight month of record sales
- Tundra 4X4 sales: 869 (up 74.8%) :: new July record
- Highlander sales (gas and hybrid combined): 853 (up 20.5%) :: New July record
- RAV4 sales: 3,071 (up 11.6%) :: new July record
- 4Runner sales: 357 (up 42.2%)
Lexus sales highlights for July 2014 (vs. 2013)
- Lexus sales: 1,429
- Lexus hybrid sales: 219 (up 7.9%) :: new July record
- Luxury car sales: 721
- IS sales: 333 (up 12.9%)
- CT sales: 97 (up 11.5%)
- ESh sales: 55 (up 5.8%)
- Luxury SUV sales: 708 (up 1.1%)
- GX sales: 47 (up 80.8%)
- RXh sales: 66 (up 50%)
Scion sales for July 2014
- Scion sales: 377
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. July sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Incorporated in 1964, Toyota has sold more than 4 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 285 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada which build popular Canadian vehicles Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid. Toyota Motor Manufacturing Cambridge (TMMC) also manufactures the Toyota RAV4 EV for the North American market. TMMC is the only Toyota manufacturer in North America to assemble both hybrid and electric vehicles.