- April TCI sales up 15.4% compared to last year
- Best month ever for TCI truck sales
- Best month ever for Lexus sales
TORONTO, ON., May 3, 2016 – Now with more than five million vehicles sold in Canada, Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) sold 23,822 Toyota, Scion and Lexus vehicles in April, up 15.4% compared to 2015.
The Toyota and Scion division recorded April sales of 21,436 units, up 15.9% compared to 2015.
The Lexus division recorded its best sales month ever, as well as its nineteenth consecutive monthly record. A total of 2,386 Lexus luxury cars and SUVs were sold in April, up 11.1% compared to last year.
It was the best month ever for TCI truck sales with a monthly record for the sixteenth straight time. That included a best month for Toyota trucks, with 11,211 units sold, up 20% and Lexus luxury SUVs, with 1,606 units sold, up 28.2%.
TCI (Toyota and Lexus) car sales were up 9.6% compared to last year, at 11,005 units, including the best month ever for the Scion iM at 692 units sold.
Additional April 2016 Highlights:
- Toyota RAV4, with 4,985 units sold, up 19.1%, best month ever and the third straight monthly sales;
- Toyota Tacoma 4X4, with 1,342 units sold, up 52.5% and the sixth straight monthly record;
- Toyota Highlander, with 1,174 units sold, up 28.9% and the fourth straight monthly record; and,
- Lexus NX, with 619 units sold, up 12.8% and the third straight monthly record.
Also of note, sales of TCI hybrid vehicles were up 52.9% compared to last year, with 1,846 units sold, led by sales of the Toyota Prius increasing by 112.5%, at 323 units sold.
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. April sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Toyota has sold over 5 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 286 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than six million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid.