New June offers backed by a sales program protection guarantee
TORONTO, ON – June 1, 2011 – Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) today reported sales of 12,030 Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, trucks and SUVs in May 2011. The results, down 32.7% from May 2010, reflect the effects of production uncertainty during the month.
“We have more than 30,000 new vehicles on the ground in Canada and with more arriving daily, our Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships are heading into June with great offers and plenty of product available for consumers,” said Tony Wearing, Managing Director, Toyota Canada Inc. “We are undertaking aggressive measures with our program protection guarantee so Canadians can buy with confidence knowing they are protected for deliveries to the end of September.”
The program guarantee covers Toyota, Lexus and Scion finance, lease and cash sales offers until September 30, 2011.
Toyota sales in May 2011 (vs. May 2010)
Toyota sold 11,041 cars, trucks and SUVs in May, down 32.9%.
Sales highlights include:
- Toyota Highlander sales up 44.7%
- Toyota Highlander Hybrid sales up 104.3%
- Best ever month for Scion with sales of 571 vehicles
- Best ever month for Scion tC
- Best ever month ever Scion xD
Toyota Canada today announced enhanced incentives for June on certain models:
- Toyota Camry: Up to $3,500 in cash incentives (representing an extra $1,000), plus enhanced lease rates of 1.9% / 48 months and 2.9% / 60 months;
- Toyota Sienna: Lease rate of 3.9% / 60 months plus $500 cash incentive;
- Scion tC: Finance rate of 0% / 36 months; Lease rate of 3.9% / 24, 36 or 48 months;
- Scion xD: Finance rate of 0% / 36 months; Lease rate of 1.9% / 24 or 36 months.
Lexus sales in May 2011 (vs. May 2010)
Lexus sold 989 luxury vehicles in May, down 30.3%.
Lexus Canada today announced enhanced incentives for June on certain models:
- Lexus ES 350: Up to $3,000 in cash incentives (representing an extra $1,000), plus lease/finance rates of 0.8% / 24 months, 1.8% / 36 months and 2.8% / 48 months;
- Lexus IS 250/IS 350: A new, $2,000 cash incentive, plus lease/financing rates of 1.8% / 24 months, 2.8% / 36 or 48 months.
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. May 2011 sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks. Toyota is the first full-line manufacturer to make all of the elements of the Star Safety System standard on every 2011 vehicle. The Star Safety System includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST). TCI’s head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.