(TORONTO) – Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) today introduced the 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid - bringing even more value to the popular and environmentally sensitive mid-size passenger car by adding new standard equipment and a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) starting at $30,660.
“When we introduced the Camry Hybrid we set a new benchmark for alternative power vehicles by enhancing one of North America’s most popular passenger cars with the cleaner, efficient power of Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive,” noted Tony Wearing, Managing Director of TCI. “For the 2009 model year, we build on Camry Hybrid’s success by adding even more standard features like a power moonroof, exciting new packages and an attractive starting MSRP. It’s our way of thanking Canadian drivers who have turned to Toyota for environmentally responsible automotive choices, and it’s part of our commitment to provide transparent and consistent value to our customers.”
For 2009, the Camry Hybrid is available in one fully equipped trim level. New for the 2009 year, all Camry Hybrids are fitted with a power moonroof, dual illuminated vanity mirrors, and rear seat reading lamps as standard equipment. This is in addition to a generous suite of convenience, comfort, luxury and safety features, which include:
- A top of the line JBL Synthesis Audio System, featuring AM/FM stereo/in-dash 6-disc CD changer/MP3/WMA player plus audio auxiliary input jack, Bluetooth capability, eight speakers and steering wheel-mounted audio system controls;
- A climate control system featuring auto air conditioning with dual zone control, a cabin air filter with germ-reducing Plasmacluster™ ionizer, rear seat heater ducts and Toyota’s Eco Air Conditioning technology;
- An eight-way power adjustable driver’s seat with power lumbar support;
- A 60/40 split fold-down rear seat with fold-down centre armrest;
- Power door locks with key lockout protection and Toyota’s Smart Key keyless entry system with remote trunk release;
- Power windows with driver’s side auto down function and high solar energy-absorbing glass;
- Optitron electronic analog gauges and multi-function display. Gauges include an instantaneous fuel economy meter, water temperature gauge, outside temperature gauge and dual trip odometer;
- Electrochromic rear view mirror with integrated digital compass;
- Dual exterior power remote heated mirrors;
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel on a tilting/telescoping column, a leather-wrapped shift knob, and silver accented interior trim;
- Door courtesy lamps and a fade-out dome lamp;
- Smart in-cabin storage including front console box with lid, front seat back pockets, illuminated glove box, overhead storage for sunglasses, door map pockets, and front and rear cup-holders;
- Push-button start;
- Cruise control;
- Accessory power outlets with retained accessory power;
- Unique Camry Hybrid grille, front and rear splash guards, colour-matched bumpers, mirrors and door handles, and chrome tailpipe;
- Projector style halogen headlamps and LED tail lamps;
- Variable intermittent wipers;
- 16” aluminum alloy wheels with wheel locks;
- Engine immobilizer;
- Garage door opener.
The Camry Hybrid is also available with a Premium Package with Navigation, which adds a number of comfort and convenience features, including:
- Four-way power adjustable front passenger’s seat;
- Leather seat surfaces;
- Heated front seats;
- A DVD-based navigation system with 7” liquid crystal display.
The 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid goes on sale in Canada today. The starting MSRP for the 2009 Camry Hybrid is $30,660. As a fuel-efficient, low-emissions hybrid vehicle, the Camry Hybrid also qualifies for government incentives: more information may be found on Toyota Canada’s web site.
2009 TOYOTA CAMRY HYBRID – PRODUCT DETAIL
The 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid is powered by Toyota’s Hybrid Synergy Drive system, installed in more than one million hybrid vehicles since its introduction in 1997.
Each Hybrid Synergy Drive is tailored to the model in which it is installed. For the 2009 Camry Hybrid, Toyota has adopted a 2.4-litre four-cylinder engine with dual overhead cams, 16 valves, variable valve timing with intelligence and an electronic throttle control system with intelligence.
This is mated to a high-torque electric motor/generator and powerful storage battery to deliver the equivalent of up to 187HP through a much greater speed range than an equivalent gasoline-only power source. The result is seamless, powerful acceleration at any speed, with just a touch of the throttle.
The Hybrid Synergy Drive also delivers up to 138lb-ft of torque @ 4,400RPM (gas engine only), while still qualifying the Camry Hybrid as an emissions-friendly Tier 2 Bin 3 vehicle.
The mid-size, four-door, five-passenger Camry also achieves a fuel-efficiency rating of 5.7L/100km in the city and on the highway - comparable to a sub-compact car.
The 2009 Camry Hybrid features a Continuously Variable Transmission and front wheel drive. Handling is enhanced through Toyota’s state of the art control systems, including Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management, Vehicle Stability Control, and Traction Control.
Ride quality is assured with Macpherson gas struts, coil springs and stabilizer bars fitted to both front and rear suspension systems. The rear suspension is an independent, dual link design.
The Camry Hybrid benefits from ample stopping power thanks to power-assisted front and rear ventilated disc brakes, reinforced with a full suite of braking technologies including Toyota’s Antilock Braking System, Electronic Brake Force Distribution, and Brake Assist.
The 2009 Camry Hybrid rides on sure-footed P215/60R16 all-season tires mounted on 16” aluminum alloy wheels with wheel locks.
Inside, the 2009 Camry Hybrid seats up to five passengers in comfort, style and safety. Standard safety systems include driver and front passenger airbags, front seat mounted side airbags, a driver’s knee air bag, and front and rear head/side curtain airbags. Three-point lap and shoulder seatbelts are fitted in all five passenger positions, and include adjustable “B” pillar shoulder belt anchors as well as pre-tensioners and force limiters for the front seating positions. Younger occupants are protected with anchor points for child-restraint seats and child protector rear door locks.
Buyers may customize their 2009 Camry Hybrid using the Vehicle Configurator on Toyota Canada’s web site (www.customizeyourtoyota.ca) or at any Toyota Dealer across Canada.
Peace of mind
The 2009 Camry Hybrid is provided with Toyota's no deductible, no transfer fee, comprehensive warranty that covers the entire vehicle for three years/60,000 kilometres. Power train components are covered for five years/100,000 kilometres, while hybrid-specific components are covered for eight years/160,000 kilometres. Major emission control components are covered for eight years/130,000 kilometres, while the vehicle is covered against corrosion perforation for five years with unlimited distance.
Toyota also provides 24-hour Roadside Assistance for all models. Help is just a phone call away at 1-888-TOYOTA-8. Roadside emergency services include battery boost, lockout service, fuel delivery, tire change, winching, and even towing. Optional Extra Care Protection (ECP) is also available, which includes travel planning and trip interruption assistance, vehicle rental help, lubrication maintenance, and mechanical protection of 17 major mechanical component groups for up to six years/200,000 kilometres.